New to ATT: Best way to preorder iPhone 4 while getting wife a different phone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lurchdubious, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Sorry for yet another iPhone thread, but I couldn't find my answer after an hr of searching.

So My wife and I will be switching from Verizon on the 24th. I want to pre-order the iPhone 4 for me, and my wife will get a different phone, and we'll be on a family plan. I'm planning on ordering from Apple tomorrow, then when my phone is dropped off at my house I can later take my wife to an ATT store, get her phone and activate both on a new family plan.

OR, would I be able to pre-order my phone from Apple, and order her phone from ATT, and activate at home?

What would be easiest?

Thanks!

2. Lurchdubious thread starter macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Oh, and I meant to post the title with a question mark. My bad ;).

3. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

If you pre-order through Apple.com with a family plan, you will be required to get 2 iPhone 4s. The easiest way to do this is, pre-order the iPhone at your local AT&T store and on the 24th, they will activate your line along with your wife's phone through the store.

4. Lurchdubious thread starter macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

I would rather have a white iPhone, so apparently I won't be ordering from AT&T directly. What if I order a single line, then change it to a family plan at an AT&T store on the 24th? Any problems there?