New to Iphone/IOS, a few questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lifetimechaldo, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Lifetimechaldo macrumors member

1) I used to have a GSI on Verizon, Now i have an IP5 on verizon. How do i transfer my contacts?

2) When i make a new contact, i want them to have their facebook pic by their name. Is this just done by connecting to facebook?

3) How does voicemail work?

4) What exactly is icloud? what is it used for and what is it good for?

Thanks for the help guys

2. VforVelveta macrumors regular

VforVelveta

1. All of your contacts should be in your Google account, so if you go into Settings > Mail, Contacts, and Calendars, you can sign into your Gmail account and turn on contact syncing from there.

2. Also in settings, you can sign into Facebook and allow it access to your contacts.

3. In the Phone app, there's a tab at the bottom right called Voicemail, which should allow you to set it up, and will show all voicemails you have available. I'm on AT&T, so I'm assuming the process for Verizon is the same.

4. iCloud is a service used to sync data between iOS/Macs, such as mail, contacts, calendars, Safari bookmarks and reading list, notes, photos, app data, as well as giving you an online backup. For a more detailed list of what iCloud does, check out http://www.apple.com/iphone/icloud/

3. Lifetimechaldo thread starter macrumors member

oh wow, icloud seems pretty cool. Now i wont have to plug in my phone every time i need to transfer pics from it to my computer. It only works on music/books/videos purchased from itunes right? so my own collection of music is out of luck?