New to iPhone / mail question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AzDesertTroll, May 3, 2012.

1. AzDesertTroll macrumors member

AzDesertTroll

Hi all,

In Nov I made the switch to Mac from PC and a few days ago bough my first iPhone, a 4s. So far I am enjoying it and learning the ins and outs, but I have a question about syncing mail between the phone and the Mac.

On the Mac I am using the Mac mail program to handle my three separate email accounts Yahoo, MSN and iCloud. I have set up separate folders and rules so that when I get emails they are automatically sorted and put in specific folders i.e.. email from finance go to a folder titled finance etc.

When I set up the phone it only put the basic, standard folders on it without the custom sub-folders that I have on the Mac. When I get mail and both the phone and the Mac retrieve it, the Mac follows the rules I have set and moves the email where it is supposed to. If I don't see the mail on the phone it gets pulled and it disappears when the Mac moves the email to the sub-folder.

With all that said, is there a way to set up the same sub-folders on the phone and have matching rules?

Thanks in advance for suggestions / instructions.

2. JoltinJoe macrumors member

I have also not been able to find the solution to this. Also interested.