Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saz25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Hi,
I am new to Mac; have been a PC user for decades and finally joining the Apple world.

I just bought a Mac Book Pro and want to connect it to an external monitor that can also serve as a TV. I've always had good luck with Samsung monitors. Would the P2570HD monitor work well with the Mac Book Pro?

It supports 1920x1080 resolution. Isn't that different than the MB Pro produces on its laptop screen? I assume I want to drive the monitor at that resolution and not a different one. Correct?

Does anyone have this or similar monitor such as the P2370HD or P2770HD, etc?

Is it easy to switch back and forth from TV to computer inputs to the monitor?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Steve

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Hi,
I am new to Mac; have been a PC user for decades and finally joining the Apple world.

I just bought a Mac Book Pro and want to connect it to an external monitor that can also serve as a TV. I've always had good luck with Samsung monitors. Would the P2570HD monitor work well with the Mac Book Pro?

It supports 1920x1080 resolution. Isn't that different than the MB Pro produces on its laptop screen? I assume I want to drive the monitor at that resolution and not a different one. Correct?

Does anyone have this or similar monitor such as the P2370HD or P2770HD, etc?

Is it easy to switch back and forth from TV to computer inputs to the monitor?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Steve

Of course it will work. The MBP will drive that res without any issues at all.. Switching inputs should be easy and quick.

saz25

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2010
Thanks for your replies. Based on your comments, I just bought it on newegg.

thanks again,
Steve

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.