New to Mac, have a couple of questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by WhatLukeSaid, May 14, 2009.

1. WhatLukeSaid macrumors newbie

Hello everyone, i just sold my quad core PC and bought a mac Mini, i couldn't be happier :D

a couple of questions though, i'm using a microsoft mouse that has a button right under my left thumb that allows me to quickly go to the last page viewed when surfing the internet. Does OS X support this feature?

I downloaded CrossOver Games so i could install Counter Strike source. Everything was going smoothly until the install asked me to insert disc 2.. When i try to eject the disc it says it is in use, try closing the application first..

How can i bypass that and install the game? Is there a way i could put all 4 discs onto an external and mount them using somethign like Daemon tools?

Does upgrading my RAM void the warranty? Or does Apple have to do this in order for me to keep my warranty?

Thanks everyone :)

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

You'll more than likely have to use Microsoft's input device software to customize that specific shortcut binding to your mouse.

Crossover isn't fond of multiple disc installers. The preferred and better supported method is to install Steam first and download other software using your account.

Why did you sell the quad core?

3. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    I can only speak for this one, No, upgrading the RAM does not void the warranty. :)

4. WhatLukeSaid thread starter macrumors newbie

I study in the philippines and i hated bring my computer back and forth, it was such a pain to travel with. I had also been wanting to switch to OS X.. I toyed around with trying to install Leopard onto my pc but when i saw the mac mini i decided to sell my tower and make the switch.

where can i make shortcuts? When i press the button it goes to scrolling. The same thing when you click the scroll button down..

Thanks

5. WhatLukeSaid thread starter macrumors newbie

awesome! thank you

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Doesn't void the warranty, but the third-party RAM won't be replaced by Apple and if they determine your RAM is causing any problems they won't fix it.

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

8. WhatLukeSaid thread starter macrumors newbie