New to Mac, how can I prevent photos to sync Automatically to my new iPhone?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Sanooya, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Sanooya macrumors member

Hi...

I'm still new to the Mac systems "in laptops"

I have a Macbook Air, few days ago my friend brought me her broken iPhone 5S, to back it up in my MBA before restoring it to factory settings and selling it.

I did the backup, and I imported all her 3000 something photos in iPhoto.

today I opened my Plus, and found around 300 pictures from my friend's iPhone in the "Recently Added" and around 200 more from my old iPhone 5 :eek:

I had to select them manually and delete them

now how can prevent this from happening again? I had my iPhone connected yesterday but I didn't get any message or notification about this pictures getting copied to my Plus.

I don't want to get like 3000 pictures or more the next time I connect my Plus to my MBA then I will select them one by one and delete them:eek:

and how can I find the imported pictures by iPhoto to copy them in a flash drive? and let's say if I imported pictures from 3 iPhones, will all the pictures be mixed up??

Sorry.. still getting to know these stuff.

2. motrek macrumors 68020

Don't use iPhoto. Try "Image Capture" which also comes standard with OS X. Then you can drag and drop photos from devices to wherever you want on your machine, without undesirable things happening automatically.

3. Gildarts, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014

Gildarts macrumors regular

You will not be notified of pictures added to your iPhone (or any other content when you synchronize with iTunes. To prevent this from happening in the future follow the steps below.

1. Open iTunes.
    2. Make sure your iphone is connected.
    3. Click on "iPhone" in iTunes.
    4. Select Photos from the top bar
    (The top bar shows: Summary, Info, Apps, Ringtones, Music, Movies, Tv-shows, Podcasts, iTunes U, Books, Photos and On this iPhone).
    5. Uncheck the checkbox at "Synchronize photos from:".

Synchronize your iPhone and the photos should get removed (but you already removed but sync anyway to apply the setting).

This should prevent any photo's being synched to your iPhone when you synchronize with iTunes.
    iCloud Photos is still a bit of a hassle. I recommend disabling any iCloud photo settings.

To do this, check your iCloud settings in iPhoto.

1. Open iPhoto
    2. In the menubar click on iPhoto
    3. Choose preferences
    4. Click on iCloud
    (you will be able to choose from: General, View, iCloud, Accounts and Advanced)
    5. Make sure iCloud is disabled

Also check your iCloud settings on your iPhone 6 Plus.
    1. Open the Settings app
    2. Scroll down to Photos and camera
    3. Disable any iCloud settings

This should prevent photos from popping up anywhere without an action from you.

Hope this helps.

Use the "Image loader" or "Image capture" program on your mac (don't know how it's called in English). It's already installed on your mac.

You can use this program to load the pictures from your iPhone to any destination on your mac.
    1. Open Image loader (make sure your iPhone is connected)
    2. Set the destination folder to Pictures (or any other folder you want)
    3. Select the photos you want to import and import them
    4. Go to the Pictures (or other) folder
    5. Copy the pictures and paste them in the usb flash drive

4. Sanooya thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot

This isclear enought, will follow the steps