iPhone New to MacRumors

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by rjs1959, Jul 19, 2019.

1. rjs1959 macrumors newbie

Morning all,
    I am new to MacRumors. I am a beta user and suffering with 13. Finding several apps do not work (Weight Watchers, Band to name just 2). In addition, and I have not seen this elsewhere, Siri only responds with Text. When I say Hey Siri, I get a message on my screen asking how she can help and waiting for me to type in my question.
    Any one else seeing this?

2. johnyslats macrumors 65816

johnyslats

First of all... welcome! Not seeing the Siri issue, however worth checking accessibility settings haven't been changed by accident. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Siri and make sure 'Type to Siri' isn't toggled on

3. willmtaylor macrumors G4

willmtaylor

Yup (it’s a beta). Submit a bug report and move on. If you can’t deal with it, restore from backup.

P.S. There are many threads discussing bugs and apps with issues, and the forum has a search tool that’s effective for sifting through long threads.

4. Sharkoneau macrumors 6502a

Sharkoneau

Welcome aboard! If you want to discuss iOS 13 beta issues related to apps, there's an awesome thread for that here:
    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/-ios-13-working-broken-and-meh-apps.2183813/

5. Wowmail macrumors member

Wowmail

Welcome! This is a wonderful place, with super helpful and very courteous and nice members. I hope you find your time here very productive and fun.

6. tranceking26 macrumors 6502

tranceking26

Welcome.

There's plenty of info here. It really helped me make my mind up on buying my Mac.