New to Mac's, but how to I find/copy the photos that are on my iphone to Macbook?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Imola Ghost, May 29, 2009.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I'm use to using Windows and a little icon would pop up in My Computer and then I would just browse to the photos I wanted then copy them or whatever. I can't seem to figure out how it works with a Mac?

2. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Use 'Image Capture' in your Mac's Applications folder. It'll detect the phone when it's connected.

3. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

If you open iPhoto your iPhone will connect to it and show in the side just like it does in iTunes. Then you can choose to import all the photos out of your camera roll.

4. mrmahaffey macrumors newbie

There a program you can use, I forget the name but it is from the people who do pod to mac, just google that and you will find it. Best thing is it is free!:apple:

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

iPhoto will recognise your phone as a camera and allow you to import the photos you've taken using the iPhone's camera.

6. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

So, to re-cap all these posts into an order that makes more sense...

But if you're not going to use iPhoto for anything else, you can change that by going to:

...where you can change what happens when the phone is connected. If you want, you can make it default to image capture to just import them from there, or you can pick another image-management program.

Basically, if it can import from a digital camera then it can import from the iPhone. You just have to tell image capture to use that program.