New to T-Mobile for iPhone 6/6+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JuNxXxReY, Oct 5, 2014.

?

if you switched to T-Mobile recently, how satisfied are you with the decision?

Poll closed Nov 4, 2014.
  1. Very satisfied

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Somewhat satisfied

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Still undecided

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Not satisfied at all

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. JuNxXxReY, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

JuNxXxReY macrumors regular

There was a thread going on about some people planning to switch to T-Mobile when the iPhone 6/+ came out. Now that the iPhone 6/6+ has been out for a couple weeks, how do you feel about your decision? Feel free to comment on your reasoning below.

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

3. JuNxXxReY thread starter macrumors regular

Fixed.

4. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Switched from VZW. Mostly because I'm tired of contracts and could get two lines for nearly the same price. The sign up itself went smoothly, walked into a store and the dude handled everything. Speed and sound quality are also excellent (19mbs).

Only surprise so far is the lack of plan control. The my tmobile web site appears to allow any changes at any time but when you go in to actual make them, there are either few other options or it says 'not available.' I ended up on the phone for an hour while the low level support spoke to the high level support, over something that was like changing from option 2 to option 3 on the marketing web site.

I expect to be here for a year or two and be able to select from improved plans during that time. My hope is that enough of us switch to inspire the big two to open up, then we can have some real choice.

BTW, someone needs to explain why EU has such amazing plans. If the playground is indeed level (ie, they don't have some kind of infrastructure difference that lowers expenses), then we are clearly being taken for a ride.

5. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Smaller landmass?

6. ElectronGuru macrumors 65816

Well, if it was anywhere close to half, that would explain it, but according to yahoo / wiki:

USA:
    9,631,418 km²
    3,718,711 sq mi

Europe:
    10,390,000 km²
    4,010,000 sq mi

I was thinking more like 1 set of towers vs the 3-4 overlapping sets we apparently built.

7. munkydust macrumors member

Very satisfied and the Refer-a-friend program is a big part of it.

8. davideotape macrumors 6502

I moved from Sprint and so far so good. My ipads on t-mobile and between them both im saving $20 on a 5gig plan and as much as $40 if i can do the $45/month 2gig plan.

And the 4g is much smoother on t-mobile.