New to the Mac - Jobs was Prophetic in 1985

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by elgrecomac, Jan 28, 2009.

1. elgrecomac macrumors 65816

elgrecomac

I purchased my first Mac in January of 2008. The reason I bought my MBP was OS stability and ease of use.
    Yesterday, for the 1st time I read Steve Jobs' Playboy interview. What this man foresaw in the computer world was incredible. His predictions about the internet (though it was not called that at the time) was spot on. His prediction about computers in homes was spot-on as well. In fact, most (all?) of his predictions about companies who came and went, technology and computers in schools have all come to pass. This vision drove technology for almost 30 years and will effect our lives for the next 30 years.

I'm not sure Steve Jobs is THE technology prophet of our time, but if he his not , I'd like to know who is.
    :cool:

2. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

4. nick9191 macrumors 68040

"All these things show that it really is coming down to just Apple and IBM. If, for some reason, we make some giant mistakes and IBM wins, my personal feeling is that we are going to enter sort of a computer Dark Ages for about 20 years. Once IBM gains control of a market sector, they almost always stop innovation. They prevent innovation from happening."

Replace IBM with Microsoft.