New Touch, but dont want to upgrade to 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by sasxempire, Jan 16, 2008.

1. sasxempire macrumors newbie

I would much rather have a jailbroken touch than a 1.1.3 update. I bought the Touch from a different retailer, not Apple. Therefore I believe it should still have 1.1.1. So I was wondering how to go about the upgrade/jailbreaking process without going to 1.1.3.

2. Darkjenso macrumors regular

FYI, you may want to download the apps and firmware anyway, reason being is that this only seems to be around till the end of january, and then in febuary there will be the official SDK which is unsure whether the apps will run on a jailbroken ipod

3. efedor macrumors regular

Look, there are several options out there. My suggestion is to keep the itouch 1.1.1 and have as many apps as you like...for free!. You get the best of both worlds,If you need to upgrade later then go ahead, this thing does everything I need so Im good with the 1.1.1. You payed alot of money for that shinny thing enjoy it.;)

4. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

I'd say go with a 1.1.2 jailbroken touch. You can customize your ipod and it improves over 111. You don't lose your place in podcasts/audiobooks like you do in 111 and the calendar alarm actually works instead of sometimes with 111, also safari is little bit snappier.

5. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

you probably have 1.1.2 installed now.

6. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

I don't think having jailbreaking to 1.1.2 is possible now to newcomers since it requires you to d/l the official 1.1.2 update and that's not there anymore now with 1.1.3 on itunes.

7. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

the 1.1.3 firmware update is only going to be around till the end of this month? that doesn't seem right, I'd figured it'd be there till there is a 1.1.4 update