New uses for MBA as a result of the battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by gametime10, Oct 2, 2013.

1. gametime10 macrumors regular

I'm curious as to whether the new longer battery life has changed how people use their MBAs?

I ask because I normally work in my office where I plug in my laptop, and then go home where I have another charger. So I'm not sure how the longer battery life would make a difference. Even when I travel, it's rare that I take a flight longer than 5 hours. But maybe there are new ways to use the laptop that I'm not considering!

2. ApplNat macrumors member

ApplNat

New ways to use the laptop? I just use it. If I don't have a charger with me at work and I'll be home that night, it's fine because I get 10 hrs of usage (occasionally a bit more).

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I suppose before when it runs down to 50% and is lunch time, u find a power source to plug it in so it can go the rest of the day until u get home. Now, at 70% at lunch, you may not bother.

But the biggest diff probly is, because a charge cycle lasts you longer now, that means less battery wear per time used, so by the time battery needs replacing, you are ready for a whole new laptop.