New VZW comment about iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Martyimac, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Martyimac macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

Was in looking at a 4S wondering if I should upgrade from my 4 when I got to talking to a verizon employee. Commented about the size of Android phones and that was one reason I like the iphone. He proceeded to make the comment that I wouldn't like the iphone5 then because it was going to get bigger because Apple had no choice. When I asked him why he said the 4G antennas where huge so Apple had no choice but to go to a bigger form factor to accommodate them.

So this is a new one and not sure I believe him, in fact I don't. But thought I would put this out and see if anyone else had any insight on this?

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Well, there is a good chance the new iPhone will have a larger form factor, but I don't think this is due to antennas. I feel they are doing it because it seems the market calls for them to have a larger phone.

3. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Why would you believe anyone stating rumors about the iPhone 5 ? You/I/and everyone else do not have a clue about what Apple is really coming out with, let alone a verizon employee nor how we will like it or not. Just wait with the rest of us until the real facts comes out from Apple. ;) As far as the size. Its just a good guess that it will be 4 inches tall, but why would that not be liked by the majority of us ? I would like it

4. DroidConvert macrumors regular

The reason that Verizon employees are trained to push Android instead of the iPhone is all about money and control. They can't control pricing, oS updates or add bloat they way they control Android. That is one of the reasons that I switched.

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

The iPhone wouldn't have to be bigger to accommodate a 4G antenna, but it might have to be bigger to accommodate a larger battery.

6. robopath macrumors regular

While I agree with your argument for the most part, the rumors historically do tend to get more accurate as we get closer to the unveiling. More suppliers, more shipments of parts, more freight to get "lost". Those leaked shots on here last week for example look like the real deal imo.

7. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

Take anything the people at the bottom say with a wheel barrel full of salt.

In other words, don't listen to anything they say.

8. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Don't listen to verizon employees or anyone else that sells cell phones. they know less then people that frequently visit this site. they just make stuff up and because they sell the product people think they have some type of inside knowledge. so frustrating. If a verizon employee told me the sky was blue I would still look out the window to check for myself.

9. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

why do people think that store sales people and reps actually have a clue of what they are talking about? :rolleyes:

10. Martyimac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Martyimac

Wow, eight responses and only two of them actually addressed my question. :confused::(

11. BiggAW macrumors 68020

Part true, part fiction. The new iPhone will be taller, but not wider. On Verizon, DO NOT BUY an iPhone until it has LTE. Verizon is putting everything into LTE, and not getting on the LTE train is stupid. They do need more room for the battery, although they will presumably be far more efficient than Android phones. Of course they want to push Android, Verizon is still an Android-centric carrier, even if the iPhone is sell better than all the Android phones combined. They also want people off of EVDO, so pushing 4G LTE Android phones is what they're doing.

12. macbookflasher macrumors member

macbookflasher

New VZW comment about iphone

I don't know what is VZW. Whats this guys?

13. racer1441 macrumors 68000

They make verizon lte mifi style devices. How are they fitting this large antenna in there?

Please go back to the store and get this moron fired for being a moron.

14. DroidConvert macrumors regular

An acronym for Verizon Wireless.

15. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

It's actually the ticker symbol on the stock exchange.

16. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

Specifically, VzW stands for Verizon Wireless, as compared to VZ, which stands for Verizon Communications.