New way of charging iPhone with Magsafe type adatper?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MarvinHC, May 18, 2015.

1. MarvinHC macrumors 6502a

I came across the article in the link below, which shows basically a lightning to Magsafe type adapter that can constantly stay in the iPhone. This would dramatically improve docking stations, no need to plug anything in. I really like that idea and was wondering if somebody has seen this in the market place or if this is still a prototype / project?
    I can't read Chinese, so cannot really get the details. This is on the website of an electronics retailer, but no price, buying or reservation option. Therefore not sure what this is about, but as said, I really like the idea.

http://zdm.yixun.com/detail/AGassakjVq?YTAG=1.157438090001833000

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bigpoppamac31 macrumors 68000

This would be a really good idea. I wonder why Apple didn't implement this from the beginning. They already had MagSafe in their MBP since 2006. Just make it flush with the phone instead of that thing sticking out.

3. MarvinHC thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree it should be flush with the phone but this is of course an aftermarket solution.

Let's hope Apple gets inspired :) (but then again they have turned their back to magsafe with the new macbook :rolleyes:)