Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

newagemac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
I love the improvements to the way Apple is handling photos with iCloud and the new photos app. This really makes a whole lot more sense and is much easier to understand. And when they release the new Photos app for Mac, it looks like we'll have a streamlined solution for handling photos across all of our devices.

My only question is how am I going to handle videos now. So far I've been removing videos from my phone using iMovie since the pre iOS8 photos app didn't handle them well and neither did iPhoto on the Mac. And using iMovie to access videos from iPhoto's library used to slow iMovie down significantly.

But now that they made extra storage cheap and allow all your photos and videos in the cloud with synced edits, I'm considering leaving them in there. Not real sure about it though.

So how do you all plan on handling videos? And what do you think is going to happen with iMovie?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
I've been using Lightroom as a camera roll dump for all of my iDevices; I then flag/rate them (photos and videos alike), retouch/crop, and export them to iPhoto albums which I then sync with all of my devices. I plan on upgrading my iCloud storage once iOS8 goes public, and using the new Photo Stream functionality to simplify syncing with my Mac (no more need to physically connect each device) but I don't really anticipate a substantial change in my workflow. I don't know, maybe I'm just being pessimistic :eek:

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
I thought the new photo's app and iCloud Photo Library handled videos as well?

Right now I use Adobe Revel for all my photos and videos. 5.99 a month however for unlimited storage.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.