Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lord Egregious

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
Sounds like everything works well enough, already ran it on my third gen ipod touch with 4.0.

I'm a little hesitant on my ipad because I don't want everything getting screwed up if I update to 3.2.1 and then jailbreak.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
It is supposed to be 3.2.1 ipad compatible but I'm holding off for now to see what problems may crop up. There are some issues with this jailbreak on iPhone 4.0 and up, people are losing face time and mms.

iThinman

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
Worked on my iPhone 4 great. Immediate re-spring if I try it on my iPad so far.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Ithinman, Id check the iPhone hacks sub forum. I think you are going to lose facetime and mms the first time you reboot your phone.

Comex has tweeted thAt they're aware of the above issues, and also ipad issues, but I don't know what the iPad issues are yet. Still in wait and see mode.

Lord Egregious

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
Yeah I'm not dieing to get it on my ipad because I already have it. I can wait to see what kind of problems arise.

I'm sure there will be lots of first time jailbreakers on iphone 4 that will be having many issues, although doing it on my ipod touch was super simple.

redgaz26

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2007
Glasgow
Worked on mine. But nothing seems to work. Any suggestions for tweaks or add ons. Servers seem to be overloaded.

mixvio

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I'm glad I decided to check comex's twitter before I did it. Looks like the iPad is hit and miss. I would have been very, very distraught if I lost my jailbreak.

BFW122083

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2009
Atl
Mine has been jailbroken on 3.2 for a while now. I just upgraded to 3.2.1 and set up as a new iPad. After that I jailbroke and synced all my stuff. Works like a charm.

I can confirm speedtest went from around 10mbps to around 20mbps, wifi is much better.

Backgrounder, sbsettings, installous, etc... Are working fine.

I'm holding off on my iphone4, I face time and mms everyday and want to make sure that is fixed!

jedivulcan

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2007
Mine has been jailbroken on 3.2 for a while now. I just upgraded to 3.2.1 and set up as a new iPad. After that I jailbroke and synced all my stuff. Works like a charm.

I can confirm speedtest went from around 10mbps to around 20mbps, wifi is much better.

Backgrounder, sbsettings, installous, etc... Are working fine.

I'm holding off on my iphone4, I face time and mms everyday and want to make sure that is fixed!

That's good to hear. I had trouble with my university's wifi when the iPad came out and was hoping to upgrade the firmware before I went back.

Is there any specific way to restore jailbroken applications or do I have to do it one at a time? It doesn't matter really but if there's a way to save a bit of time, I'm all for it.

I'll probably just wait since there's nothing broken (exception of dhcp) that I notice that's a problem.

BFW122083

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2009
Atl
That's good to hear. I had trouble with my university's wifi when the iPad came out and was hoping to upgrade the firmware before I went back.

Is there any specific way to restore jailbroken applications or do I have to do it one at a time? It doesn't matter really but if there's a way to save a bit of time, I'm all for it.

I'll probably just wait since there's nothing broken (exception of dhcp) that I notice that's a problem.

After you upgrade to 3.2.1 and jailbreak again make sure you get app sync from cydia. After that just sync the apps back on from iTunes :)

mixvio

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Sydney, Australia
After you upgrade to 3.2.1 and jailbreak again make sure you get app sync from cydia. After that just sync the apps back on from iTunes :)

I don't see anything on Cydia called App Sync. Is it something else?

Or is this the thing that only syncs pirated apps that are originally on the official App Store back to your computer? If that's the case, I don't need that.

I would, however, welcome something that backs up applications and settings obtained through Cydia. That would be fantastic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.