New Website: Help with Dreamhost and GoDaddy…

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Adibobea9, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Adibobea9 macrumors member

I hope this is ok to post here, because I don't know where else to ask this.

I recently bought a domain name from GoDaddy and decided on hosting my site through Dreamhost. I have set up the server names that were emailed to me and have even downloaded Fetch to upload my work.

I can connect successfully and drag and drop my work as before when I was in my class, but when I go to the webpage it still has the GoDaddy page stating that "This web page is parked free!" Why isn't anything uploading? What other steps do I need to take…

*EDIT* Nevermind, it just took FOREVER to upload. I guess since it is a new domain that was being setup it took longer than what I am normally used to. Sorry for bothering everyone for a short minute. The Mods can delete this is they wish…

2. Akitakoi macrumors regular

Akitakoi

So? What"s the site? Let us check it out and get a little traffic going.:)

3. Adibobea9 thread starter macrumors member

Well it really is just a "coming soon" page to test it out and make sure everything works. I have yet to design anything for it…

I just needed to get my domain and host while the good deals were going. Plus by deciding on the domain I figured I could finalize my logo. But in the future you should check out funandmentaldesign.com