New with scratch on screen.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PBz, Oct 26, 2012.

1. PBz macrumors 68020

PBz

I picked up a 64GB white Wednesday night and was in a hurry as I had a red-eye flight. I was so caught up inspecting the metal I missed a small 3-4mm scratch over the white area to the right of the screen. Almost looks like a crack in the white material but it's a scratch. I assume they will replace. Other than that the phone is great.

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Slap a screen protector on it and move on with your life.

4. PBz thread starter macrumors 68020

PBz

My 4 didn't need one & has no scratches. I'm not 100% on return but I didn't pay to get a nick I can see & feel with a fingernail.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Be careful about assuming that they will replace, considering that you accepted the iPhone upon inspection (unlike getting it in the mail).

6. PBz thread starter macrumors 68020

PBz

Return/buy later (or not) option. They will. Apple's advantage is taking care of their customers. They have treated our family very well.

7. stonyboys macrumors 6502

Yes definitely return it... Don't accept anything less than perfection, because that's what you paid for. Also I don't think they have notes on the fact that you inspected it.

8. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I think they have video of every person that buys an iPhone and they review it to confirm that they did indeed accept the phone on inspection (not in the mail).

9. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Irrelevant, as they could assume the OP caused the scratch.

10. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Yes, those Apple geniuses are so unreasonable and skeptical.

11. AFDoc macrumors 68030

How do you know you didnt cause it by some means? IF you didn't see it when you checked it at the store how can you 100% say it was there when you un-boxed it? I say it's your fault you left the store with supposed scratch on your screen. Apple will most likely replace it but sorry, I don't think they should you had an option to ensure it was pristine in the store, you chose not to. I know you were in a hurry but it's not really hard to look over a phone, should take no more than 45 seconds to give it a major checking out.

They will cave and swap it for you, so make sure you actually check the next one out so phantom scratches don't suddenly appear.

Silly thing to say.... Yes you're attempting to be sarcastic but fall short. HE examined the phone IN the store and still says it was there when he took delivery. How can one NOT see a scratch on the glass and then come back days later and say it was there when he bought it? If I was the genius I would ask him why he didn't examine the phone when he bought it, OP will say he did, I would say ok have a great night, NO NEW PHONE FOR YOU!!