New World Order Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by someguy, Nov 30, 2007.

1. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

Just watched this video.

I know very little about this stuff, but I was curious as to what the MR crowd had to say about it.

Please discuss if it strikes your interest. :)

2. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Yawn. Does Michael Moore have any donuts left? I'm frickin' starving here.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I couldn't see the video because my tinfoil hat got in the way.

4. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

In response to comments like these (which, btw, are more than welcome in this thread), I would just like to point out that I don't necessarily believe, nor do I necessarily disbelieve the information discussed in this video.

I would ask, however, that everyone who participates in this discussion please provide reasoning behind their opinions of possible.

5. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

I think, therefore I am.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

7. furious macrumors 65816

furious

8. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

Then someone should move it. :p

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I'd vote for wasteland rather than PRSI.

Maybe we can vote to re-name the thread Mohammed instead...

10. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

These "theories" seem too far fetched and vague for me to believe. They seem more like a videogame plot than anything else.

11. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

Keep in Mind that I'm 16 years old
    :p

First of all, I think this video makes a valid point.
    This world is becoming increasingly interconnected, because of the new technology and transportation, distance means nothing. A more and more people in the government realize the impact that technology can have, it creates an easier means for people to communicate using computers and other devices. This world is becoming so interconnected and Earth is really becoming "smaller" when it comes to communication.

And yes, I do believe that because of that, there will be people that will want to form a World Government. How many of us said "No, I don't want to be president of the U.S., I want to be President of the World" when we were younger, I know I did. And I was kidding back in those days, but it's quite possible that in a few years time, we might have a larger collaboration of countries. I'm totally for a more united world that works together for human rights, but that's the point. HUMAN RIGHTS. We need to work together, NOT give all the power to a single body of government.

I happen to believe that if the U.S. continues to go down the path that it is headed, in no time at all will it cease to work for its' people. We need to end NAFTA and the WTO in order to bring back workers rights and keep jobs in America. It is totally unfair how corporations outsource jobs to exploit cheap labor and the absence of dignified human rights.

Here's something I really believe in, Habeas Corpus.

The U.S. has passed Bills like the Patriot act in 2001 which, the U.S. has the right to call anyone in the U.S. (citizen or not) a domestic terrorist if it has any suspicions that you may be doing something you're not.

The Military Commissions Act of 2006 gives the government the right to detain any person that is an "Unlawful Enemy Combatant" (Sec. 948a.1) or "Lawful Enemy Combatant" (Sec. 948a.2). Now, let's say that you have donated money to poor families in Iraq in order the Taliban, BOOM, they have the right to detain you for as long as they want without you having the right to seek legal counsel. AKA, no more Habeas Corpus.

Article 33 of the Third Geneva Convention states that "No protected person may be punished for an offense he or she has not personally committed".

Article 6 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights which was adopted by the UN and by the International Justice Court states, "Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law". Also, Article 7 says, "All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination." And in Article 5 it says, "No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

The U.S. is clearly violating Habeas Corpus by passing laws that allow it to do whatever they want. They're even violating the Sixth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. If the Law isn't even respected by the Government, what is the point of it?

Other examples of violation against Habeas Corpus include:
    Guantanamo Bay
    Extraordinary Rendition
    Korematsu
    Illegal Detention Facilities for POWs

I will edit this and continue talking about what I believe in later. I will also include more suport. I have a play to go to tonight and frankly, it's Friday and I'm 16 years old. Macrumors shouldn't be the highlight
    ;)

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Do we have to provide an explanation for our opinion if what we are shown is just plain ol' silly?

13. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

Yes, I would appreciate it if you did.

Why is it silly? What about it is silly or impossible and why?

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Even he's not this paranoid.

There's no world order. It's nowhere near that competent or functional. Just a bunch of greedy, selfish, power hungry nutjobs in charge. They do want you to think there's a conspiracy though because, besides destroying the credibility of anyone who even mentions it, it covers for the fact that they're grossly incompetent.

15. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I got as far as "the educational system in America continues its stupefying downward slide Since the US government decided to take over and subsidize the public school system."

The "school system" as we know it has been government run since its inception. We're talking 150 years here. The only thing stupefying is the complete lack of historical perspective.

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

No, there's a lot more that's stupefying.

17. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I didn't get further than the first thirty seconds. Does the narrator remain as arrogant and nasty throughout?

18. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I couldn't make it all the way through it either, but what I saw, it got worse.

19. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

So, what is so obviously unrealistic about it all?

Considering we already know that 9/11 was an inside job (unless you still believe in the whole "terrorist" story), why is everyone so sure this isn't at least a possibility of what lies ahead?

Like I said earlier, I certainly don't believe or disbelieve in what the video says. I can't be on either side because I am too ignorant on this subject. I know many of you are not so I was hoping to get some good information posted here as to why this is ridiculous and not something we should be concerned about.

20. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I'll tell you why it wasn't an inside job. Because Bin Laden said he did it, and just the other day too.

The idea that it was an inside job is laughably insane, and has been amply proved as such time and time again. I must say though, of all nationalities, American paranoia and conspiracy theories about the world are the most entertaining.

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Haven't you figured out by now that we Americans simply have trouble accepting reality? ;)

22. someguy thread starter macrumors 68020

someguy

I don't want this to turn into yet another 9/11 argument, so all I'll say is that it makes more sense to me that bin Laden said he did it to continue playing the role of the "target" of our war in Iraq. Without him, we'd have no one to pretend to be fighting/hunting and we'd have no justifiable reason to be there in the first place.

Maybe that's all BS, I hope it is, but I just don't believe that it is, personally.

What reality is that?

23. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Really? Don't say it's so!

It may as come as a surprise to some, but Bin Laden is not in Iraq, nor did Al Qaeda have any presence in Iraq until you guys jackbooted your way in there.

Anyone who believes that Iraq has anything to do with the 'war on terror' needs to go back to square one.

24. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That whole "inside job" thing has been disproven a number of times. As to the video:

It claims the US school system turns out people unable to think critically. True enough, although as pseudobrit says, the narrator doesn't help himself by claiming that the US "took over" the school system.

It claims the Patriot Act is draconian. True enough, though again he doesn't help his cause by calling us "brainwashed Americans".

It claims those "in power" use the media to disinform us. Again, basically true, especially re: Fox.

It claims the Iraq war is about securing oil and building permanent military bases. True.

It claims the US has been merged with Canada and Mexico via a secret 2005 agreement. While it's true that this is being done well under the radar, we are not merged. What he's talking about is a proposed economic union, similar to Europe's.

So already some of this guy's facts are questionable. Where he goes completely off the rails is when he claims that 9/11 was a lie and that the sinister forces behind all this want to merge us into a one-world government where every person and all money are tracked by RFID devices.

9/11 was not a lie. Bin Laden did it, and confesses as much...unless you are so far gone as to think the US hired bin Laden to do it. No way do I see Americans going along with being implanted with RFIDs.

Don't get me wrong. I think there is a hell of a lot of power concentrated in the hands of the wealthy, and I think it's clear if we continue to merge everything economically as we have, we do indeed set up the basis for a possible one-world government. But I do not see this as part of an overarching plan being carried out by some elusive cabal.

25. walangij macrumors 6502

Agreed. I remember reading recently about the possible health effects of RFID's, or maybe it was about RFIDs with enough power for a GPS sensor, long article short, won't happen for a long time.

I find these theories laughable and merely coincidental, to orchestrate something so huge is too difficult to keep insiders quiet anyways since after the said event, the insiders would have more power to expose the people @ the top behind the "conspiracy".