New wrinkle in the Dossier, the Dems (with Rep) also where looking at Trump.

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
New wrinkle in the Dossier, the Dems (with Rep) also where looking at Trump.

As if things where not juicy enough.
Washington Post broke story

Don't forget this juicy part.

No surprise Trump was under a lot of cross hairs.
So Clinton and Jeb paid for a BS dossier. Looks like Fusion is tied in with Putin as well. More Russian connections Hillary.

Not surprising you focus on the Republican part when the big story here is that Clinton and the DNC funded this operation that was then used by democrats as justification for criminal investigations, unmaskings, and spying on members of an opposition campaign.

Last edited:

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Because it was used as justification for spying on the Trump campaign via unmaskings and criminal investigations.

Let that settle in, the DNC and Clinton's paid for a ******** document that was used by the same party to spy on American citizens.
There is plenty of other evidence out there that is driving the FBI investigation. And I really don’t care what the DNC or Clinton did as opposition research, they aren’t relevant to the FBI and congressional investigations.

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
There is plenty of other evidence out there that is driving the FBI investigation. And I really don’t care what the DNC or Clinton did as opposition research, they aren’t relevant to the FBI and congressional investigations.
Funny, most dems went nuts/bananas when Trump Jr met with a Russian for opposition research. Hillary does it, nary a peep.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Funny, most dems went nuts/bananas when Trump Jr met with a Russian for opposition research. Hillary does it, nary a peep.
The only thing I’m seeing in that article is that the firm they hired worked with an ex British intelligence agent to create it. If there is evidence of the UK inteligence trying to interfere in the election then go ahead and investigate it. But that is a far cry from what’s Trump Jr did with meeting with Russian agents face to face.

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
The only thing I’m seeing in that article is that the firm they hired worked with an ex British intelligence agent to create it. If there is evidence of the UK inteligence trying to interfere in the election then go ahead and investigate it. But that is a far cry from what’s Trump Jr did with meeting with Russian agents face to face.
So, you are ok with them hiring someone to create a fake dossier about Trump?

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009
This is more of that garbage false equivalency BS Trump supporters love. “Oh, Russian collusion eh? The big story here is that time Hilary got an extra quarter back from the grocery store clerk and didn’t turn it in. That is retail theft, and undermining a civilian.”

Get ****ing real, this was started by someone in the GOP, maybe a whole team of them.

Reactions: eatrains

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
This is more of that garbage false equivalency BS Trump supporters love. “Oh, Russian collusion eh? The big story here is that time Hilary got an extra quarter back from the grocery store clerk and didn’t turn it in. That is retail theft, and undermining a civilian.”

Get ****ing real, this was started by someone in the GOP, maybe a whole team of them.
Dossier was pushed by the DNC and Clinton and used by the Democrats as a justification for criminal investigations and spying on opposition campaigns. Shame sir. Shame.

Fusion GPS has more ties to Russia than Trump does.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Dossier was pushed by the DNC and Clinton and used by the Democrats as a justification for criminal investigations and spying on opposition campaigns. Shame sir. Shame.
I seem to remember it being a fairly tangential issue, and there being other things like many adminisration and campaign officials forgetting about receiving money to lobby on the behalf of Russia, and forgetting meetings with Russian officials...

TonyC28

macrumors 68000
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I’m not sure where this story will go. It’s like a thousand-page spy novel is being written before our eyes. I don’t know what to make of this, but I will say this to those dismissing this as though it’s no big deal: there’s a reason why this is news.

Reactions: Rhonindk

GermanSuplex

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2009

They’re not paying money for fake stories. They must have felt there was weight to this story. This is not vindication for Trump supporters, I’d be worried that an RNC member started this and there was enough found for DNC to continue. This was a private, third-party investigation, not a Facebook campaign.

linuxcooldude

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2010
Biggest mistake the Democrats ever made. They were so into Trump and the Russians simply turned it around to them and all their dealings with the Russians. The uranium one deal, collusion with Ukraine, Bill Clinton speaking fees, mllions of Russian money into Clinton foundation. Now the fake dossier using Russian bought information.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
This doesn't seem like news to me. Many many months ago it was said that things were started by some Republicans and then later took up by Democrats. I guess I just figured it was Hillary and DNC. Who else would it be, Martin O'Malley? LOL, I don't think so.

But now that we have confirmed that, I really want to know who did things on the Republican side. Wouldn't it be a kick in the pants if it was Reince Preibus and Sean Spicer while they were still at the RNC?

So, you are ok with them hiring someone to create a fake dossier about Trump?
Your source that everything in it is fake?

Naaaaak

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2010
Trump-hating leftists are eating feces right now. 11 months of "Trump/Russia" propaganda they tied their entire crybaby political existence to has done a complete 180. The word-association reality is "Clinton/Russia" and it gets even worse for the left:
  • Uranium One scandal, where the Clintons and Podesta Molesta bros made millions by giving Russians 20% of US uranium production: proven.
  • All the red flags on Uranium One deal getting overridden and rubber stamped: proof of corruption within the Obama admin.
  • DNC being "hacked" by Russia: All the forensic evidence points to an inside job. Seth Rich, kids.
  • The Trump "dossier" (as leftists call it to try to sound sophisticated): complete fabrication.
  • The fake "dossier" / bad fanfic is what the Obama admin used to get FISA court authority to unmask intelligence files. This means Trump's claim earlier this year that he was wiretapped: also proven true.
The Obama administration had illegitimate wiretaps on Trump based on fake documents that the Clintons and DNC paid for. This is beyond-Nixon level. Then the Clintons, Obama, and Podestas projected their own illegal involvement with Russia on to Trump and had Fake News and other Useful Idiots mindlessly parrot it. #Resist is not a rallying cry; it's sedition pushed at the highest levels.

What now leftists? If you don't sacrifice your "idols" in pursuit of justice, what's to stop Trump from using the same tactic and wiretap your guys/girls/xers/its in 2020? What's to stop him from using the government to enrich his own interests? Are you ready to join Team "Lock Them Up" or ready to bury your head in the sand for 7 more years?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Hilary didn’t meet the Russians. She used an American company which hired a British ex-MI6 man for the job
[doublepost=1508926491][/doublepost]

Fusion GPS is a private intelligence organisation. Of course it has connections to Russia.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Yawn, this is old news. This was reported last October.

And no @Zombie Acorn, it was not used as the basis for Mueller's investigation. Nice narrative spin though. I give it a 6 for the effort.
Wrong, the FBI used it as part of an effort to launch the investigation that has been ongoing and carried through to Mueller's efforts for over a year now. Still found 0.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/04/18/politics/fbi-dossier-carter-page-donald-trump-russia-investigation/index.html