New York Times: Loretta Lynch to Accept FBI Recommendations in Clinton Email Inquiry, Official Says

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Jess13, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Hillary Rodham Clinton will be indicted for numerous felonies. 100% guaranteed.

Lynch to Accept F.B.I. Recommendations in Clinton Email Inquiry, Official Says

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/02/us/politics/loretta-lynch-hillary-clinton-email-server.html

Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch plans to announce on Friday that she will accept whatever recommendation career prosecutors and the F.B.I. director make about whether to bring charges related to Hillary Clinton’s personal email server, a Justice Department official said. Her decision removes the possibility that a political appointee will overrule investigators in the case.

Ms. Lynch plans to discuss the matter at a conference in Aspen, Colo., on Friday. The Justice Department declined to comment. The official who confirmed the discussion did so on the condition of anonymity because the internal decision-making process is normally kept confidential.

The F.B.I. is investigating whether Mrs. Clinton, her aides or anyone else broke the law by setting up a private email server for her to use as secretary of state.
    Internal investigators have concluded that the server was used to send classified information, and Republicans have seized on the matter to question Mrs. Clinton’s judgment.

Her reassurance that she will not overrule her investigators, however, is significant. When the F.B.I. sought to bring felony charges against David H. Petraeus, the former C.I.A. director, for mishandling classified information and lying about it, Mr. Holder stepped in and reduced the charge to a misdemeanor. That decision created a deep — and public — rift.

The F.B.I. is expected to make a recommendation to the Justice Department in the coming weeks, though agents have yet to interview Mrs. Clinton. While some legal experts said they believed that criminal indictments in the case were unlikely, the investigation continues to cast a shadow over Mrs. Clinton’s presidential campaign.

2. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

I'm impressed. She's doing the right thing. Now it's just a question of what that recommendation will actually be. I'd imagine Biden is at the ready.

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

4. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I don't think that there's any way that she doesn't get indicted. I have read Huma Abedin's testimony to Judicial Watch in its entirety and it was bad for HRC. I mean, really bad.
    With Judicial Watch we're talking about a bunch of lawyers on a civil case; I can't even begin to imagine what Comey and his people can extract from her and the other witnesses.
    Huma already said that not only the private server was HRC's decision, but that it also frustrated everyone else and was a burden for performing the department's job. She also said that there was no FOIA training and no thought of FOIA at all... HRC just didn't care. Reading the testimony I had the impression that Abedin was throwing HRC under the bus, big time; she probably knows that the FBI is on both of them.

5. edk99 macrumors 6502a

But...But...But...Most transparent administration ever!

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

She's doing the only possible thing especially after that incident w/ Bill Clinton boarding her plane for a "largely social" discussion the other day.

The FBI meanwhile.... " no pressure".

7. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Just creating plausible deniability for when she is not indicted.

8. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

9. edk99 macrumors 6502a

10. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Hello mister pot, this is mister kettle......

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

We live in times when people complain even when there's nothing to complain about. I'm sure the FBI gets that. I'd not like to be in the shoes of either Comey or Lynch or any of their staff or for that matter the interviewees. People on right or left will say there had been axes to grind or agendas or people in mind to protect, yada yada yada, never mind comparisons that will be made to past investigations of other people for other allegations. New hard hats will be needed all the way around. Big winner: the media (even while they also will be hammered, by each other!).

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Oh yeah, but Comey doesn't really care. I once heard someone pressing him about the Clinton case, his reply was "The Clinton case? I heard about it."

13. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Kind of hard to guarantee it when it's not guaranteed that the FBI will make the recommendation to indict her.

14. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Sure but what's he going to say when anyone presses him for public comment. What he said was perfect, no? Neutral and even funny. Don't think it means he doesn't care. In fact he shouldn't care, past making sure the work of his staff doesn't cut corners and doesn't abuse rights of subjects or interviewees.

It's not his job to put a thumb on the scale either way. "To investigate" does not mean "to indict". Neither does it mean "to cover up". It seems to me that after Watergate, the FBI leadership has especially gone out of its way to avoid even the appearance of a coverup when a political figure is investigated.

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

That's probably why it's taking so long to get a recommendation (of any kind). Whatever they do, the FBI has to have the perfect legal case, nothing has to be left to the fate. I am pretty sure that the FBI's top lawyers and agents are working on it.

16. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

17. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

So sure... I'm still ready to make that bet. Have you acquired the courage yet to back up your assertion?

18. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

The FBI has built a massive case. Hillary is going to be indicted. 100% guaranteed.

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I'm sure FBI Director Comey will follow your instructions to the last comma and full stop. :D

I was going to post a You Tube link to some version of the Stones' Oh No Not You Again but their copyright mavens must have made an industrious sweep this morning, as they do every morning, I guess. :)

20. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

pretty much.

21. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I am sure that the FBI has built a massive case, meaning that they studied and analyzed everything. The rest is to be seen.

22. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Bubba's little tarmac arm-twisting stunt seems to have backfired.

23. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

"seems" being the operative word .will the FBI make a PUBLIC announcement on the recommendation? if not then it will be whatever they say

24. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Billary have millions of dollars at their disposal to ensure there is no indictment.

This could easily have been the meeting that promised future fortunes as the pretend chancellor of a university or other farce that allows her to retire early.