NEWARK Airport and ATT- oh man it is terrible

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silroc, Mar 22, 2011.

1. silroc macrumors 6502

silroc

Unfortunately for me I fly twice a week and Newark is my home airport. I notice I have 5 bars there, but my iPhone4 just poops the bed anytime I try to use data. Texts hang up, no web surfing, no flight checking with apps, it is a total cluster F. When i make calls they go through, but i get drops 1 out of 4 times and usually on any call longer than 2 minutes will cut out.

Does anyone know if they have plans to expand the bandwidth there? I hope they do something about this or maybe Tmobile will help it out when they combine. The airport is one of the most important places i need data...!!

argh -

2. deanfx4u macrumors regular

Strange, I was there a couple of weeks ago waiting for a few hours on a flight. Had no problems with data, or calls.

3. silroc thread starter macrumors 6502

silroc

interesting.. What time of day?

my flights are usually between 4-9pm..

4. BrownStarfish macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I agree, terrible. I was just there last Thursday and experienced the same. It was slightly better out in the tarmac where we waited 1/2 hr for a ground stop to clear.

Combined with the ridiculously long security line, even with elite access, EWR is way down on my list.

5. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I know this is off topic, but I have to share my latest EWR story.

I fly from Raleigh to EWR every 3 months. A few weeks ago, when I landed in Newark, all was well until the pilot came on and said umm ladies and gentleman, it looks like theres another plane at our gate right now. I'll give you more information once control tells us where to go. Well after 45 min of driving around EWR looking for an empty gate to park we finally found one. We started in terminal C, but after all of the driving around and redirecting, we ended up in Terminal A. Who the heck knows what was going on.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I haven't experienced any of that in EWR at all. Especially calls cutting out after two minutes or texts not being sent. Yes, data was tad slow

7. silroc thread starter macrumors 6502

silroc

haha

sorry off topic again - but this is very common for me. I tell you in my 35+ flights so far this year (yes disgusting) i'd say more than 75% of my flights either have gate changes, serious delays, cancellations, or other problems.

granted i take a small puddle jumper to Columbus Ohio, and these small regional flights are the first to get "screwed". The big internationals usually have less issues.... ok sorry for my rant !!

8. deanfx4u macrumors regular

It was between 1-3. Around the 40A gates. There was a guy sitting beside me though that couldn't get his iTouch to connect to the free wifi. Hah I know that has nothing to do with this. :D

9. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

I know exactly what you mean. I take the puddle jumper as well.