newbie--car charger with music adapter all in one?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Wnderlnd, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Wnderlnd macrumors newbie

Please forgive my ignorance of terms--the 3G is my first gadget from Apple besides our mac pro. (My husband has a 3rd gen ipod, but I have always been a radio listener.)

Question: I want to listen to the music on my phone in the car while charging at the same time. Is there an all in one car charger that will do this so it is plugged in the bottom, not in the headphone jack/aux in? I don't want a separate iTrip and the charger...too many cords. I want it all in one. Does that make sense?

if so, what is it? How much? The store says they have them in stock, but I don't see it online and I really don't want to drag my two small children with me there if it isn't what I really want.

THANKS!!!

2. AdLion macrumors newbie

3. Wnderlnd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. that does look a bit big and bulky. Anything with just a cord? I don't mind it going through a radio station so it comes through my car speakers. I don't have an AUX port in my mini van. (It's an '05 Toyota Sienna)

--confession, while I am a suburban mom with a mini van, I still want to listen to my heavy metal! :)

4. polyun macrumors member

look for USA SPEC TOY-15. Just what you're looking for. Crutchfield sells them.

5. polyun macrumors member

6. Wnderlnd thread starter macrumors newbie

that's more along the line of what I am searching for when I ask for an all in one charged. Thanks! Does the Apple store carry these? The reviwsaren't great, but I can't listen to music so loud anyway with a 3 yr old & 9-month old in the car!