Newbie help, could not find fix

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 4hsmen, Aug 18, 2012.

1. 4hsmen macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help in advance. I just finally switched over from the android. Not loving the change yet but perhaps I'm just old. Anyway, how do you keep you ringer volume at the max while keeping the other notifications low. My cheap android was easy to control volume for each. I don't like having my ringer as loud as my text message or email,. Thanks all

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

You can't. There's only one volume for all notifications.

3. 4hsmen thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply. That seems like a real step down.
    My mind might change over time but I don't understand the hype over the iphone yet. Perhaps in time but my galaxy S looking back was not so bad.
    Wrong forum to say anything less than glowing put perhaps my expectations were to high.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I don't understand why people need others to tell them how they should feel about a product. If I don't like it I don't use it, it's that simple.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Not extremely simple, but you can add your own notification sounds via ringtones. Make them as quiet as you want.

6. batting1000 macrumors 604

That doesn't accomplish what the OP is asking about.

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Sure it can. You can adjust the volume level of an audio file in many audio editing applications. Maybe not on the iPhone itself but there are certainly plenty of audio applications on MacOS or Windows, etc that would do the job.

It's a PITA workaround but it's one possible approach.

Don't buy based on hype. Choose products based on your need/wants/preferences. No smartphone is one-size-fits-all no matter what the fanboys (in any of the camps) say.

8. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

There's definitely nothing wrong with Android, but you really see how great Apple products are when you have multiple Apple devices and you see how seamlessly they work together. If your only Apple device is the iPhone, then yeah...ho hum.

9. lowbelly macrumors member