Newbie MBP 17 2.6 HDD200 7200 rpm

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by deydadu, Nov 30, 2007.

1. deydadu macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I've been reading this forum since the Intel Macs were to be released, and slowly (what a shame !) convincing myself to switch over to the MAC. Then I waited to start with Leopard... But not for the MacWorld January announcements !!
    Well, this morning I went to NY 5th Ave store looking forward to buy the 17" MBP with a 2.4 processor, since I learned from this site that the 2.6/7200 rpm HD had to be ordered online only.
    To my surprise they had in stock the MBPro 17, with the 2.6 GHz processor and the 200GB 7200rpm HD !!
    Add a 100 bucks for the high resolution screen, and here I am, in my Hotel room (I'm an airline pilot) writing my very first post to this forum from my MBPro.
    I couldn't be happier, until my wife sees the Credit card bill (just kidding:)
    Thank you all for the valuable info I got from you, my next step will be max the RAM to 4GB from OWC. What about Crucial, BH had it in stock...?
    Best Regards to all.

2. rezenclowd3 macrumors 6502a

rezenclowd3

Undoing the work of Priuses: burning gas & rubber
    Congrats! I bought 4gb of Mushkin ram (very well known PC ram, and very high quality). Mainly buy some good name brand ram and you are set.

Here is what I bought (though at the time for $160 just 1 month ago..): Mushkin 4gb Ram

3. Olufemi macrumors newbie

I'm so jealous! haha

I'm waiting for Macworld, but I only started my obsession of looking constantly for the newest MBP a couple of weeks ago.

enjoy!