Newegg.com sale on Momentus XT 500GB HDD ends 9/12...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ViveLeCorn, Sep 11, 2010.

1. ViveLeCorn macrumors newbie

For those of you interested in trying the Seagate Momentus XT hybrid drive, I suggest now is as better time than any to do this.

Newegg.com is having a sale on these things now that will end tomorrow on 9/12. I don't know when they started this sale but I noticed this just now when visiting their site. Link here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148591

For their 500GB capacity drive only, using the code NBHDSALEWKEN, you will get $10 off the original $129.99 price and still have free shipping. So it's pretty much $119.99 for the drive until tomorrow. If you're like me and have speculations on this thing, this may be the best time to test and/or hold on to the HDD. Good luck if you plan to buy one!

2. DolemiteJackson macrumors member

3. thewireman macrumors regular

thewireman

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It'll probably drop in price in the future anyways, so this "sale" is just a ploy to get you to buy it now (even if you don't actually need it).

5. RWil85 macrumors 6502

it WILL drop in the future..and there is always something bigger, better, faster coming anyway - so you'll never beat that 'is now better than later' scenario..appreciate the sale if you want it and do it.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

My point is there will always be sales, so this thread doesn't do much. There are sites for this like slickdeals.