Newport, Isle of Wight, UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by daryliow, Jun 20, 2010.

1. daryliow macrumors regular

Any one from the Isle of Wight UK going to Newport on the 24th? If so what store will you be using?

2. daryliow thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone? I may be very lonely queing on my own!

3. RLUK macrumors newbie

4. daryliow thread starter macrumors regular

What time you heading there for? You think there will be many others?

5. RLUK macrumors newbie

I'm not sure, I'm hoping there will be enough phones for everyone who turns up - do you know what it has been like for previous launches?

6. daryliow thread starter macrumors regular

I was only there for the 3G launch and there was about 20 by the time the store opened! You know what time it opens? I'm think of getting there at 7.15am ish

7. Jameschillman macrumors newbie

Anyone spoken to them to confirm if they have a reservation list at all? :confused:

8. daryliow thread starter macrumors regular

They have always said first come first served! Are you heading there in the morning? If so what time?

9. Jameschillman macrumors newbie

Yup i'll be heading down but haven't decided on a time to be honest. Wasn't really expecting there to be many people going there!

Id imagine i'd be along sometime after 7, I wonder roughly what kind of stock they'll get!

10. daryliow thread starter macrumors regular

They have always said first come first served! Are you heading there in the morning? If so what time?

11. RLUK macrumors newbie

I checked with the store to see if they were doing pre-orders/reservations but they said that it would be on a first come, first served basis. It looks like Orange have back tracked on it as they originally said that they would be taking pre-orders.

I was thinking of heading there for about 7/7:15 ish too. The lady I spoke to yesterday at the store said that as long as you are there by about 7:45 it should be ok but that it depends on the numbers in the queue. However she didn't know what the stock would be so it was a guess.

Guess I'll see you there :)

12. daryliow thread starter macrumors regular

What do you reckon the stock levels will be? 10 maybe? Five 16gb and five 32gb?

13. RLUK macrumors newbie

They'll get more than 10 phones. I'm guessing they will have more 16gb models than 32gb though. Which are you after? I'm aiming for the 32gb version.

I guess there is always carphone warehouse if o2 run out!

14. daryliow thread starter macrumors regular

I'm after a 32gb hopefully in White if they have them! Do you know of anyone else that is going down?

15. Jameschillman macrumors newbie

I'll be heading into newport at about 6:45 i guess? and will be after a 16GB black.

:D

16. daryliow thread starter macrumors regular

17. RLUK macrumors newbie

I asked today but they wouldn't say. They did say they would have both 16&32 gb models though. I'm hoping it'll just be us three in the queue, that way we'll all leave the store happy!

18. daryliow thread starter macrumors regular

I've got a feeling there may be like 20 or so people waiting! :-(