NEWS: Apple Declares War on Science, Says 'Glass' is Listed in The Periodic Table

Discussion in 'iMac' started by slughead, Aug 7, 2007.

1. slughead macrumors 68040

slughead

I saw this on the iMac info page, had to get a snap of it.

If any of you iMac people consider yourselves too happy, stop in the Mac Pro forum for some anger and despair.

Apple pwnt us :(

Attached Files:

2. p0intblank macrumors 68030

You know, I looked at this, but I didn't give it much thought until now. Maybe they're saying glass plays a big part in the science of art and design?

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

It does catch your eye, but yeah, they should take out the atomic number and weight. Leaving it look like a table item would be fine.

edit: of course, if they took out the numbers, it wouldn't look like a table item. Catch-22 on this one, but there's still something wrong with their usage.

I suggest leaving website feedback: http://www.apple.com/contact/feedback.html and select Website Comments

4. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

Yeah I know that Silicon Dioxide is part of glass but I never knew it had atomic number and weight lol... But nice design overall rofl

5. slughead thread starter macrumors 68040

slughead

Apple's patented iGlass technology has an atomic number and mass!

THINK DiFFERENT YOU PHILISTINE!

I don't mean to put down Apple or the new iMac, I just thought it was funny.

6. capran macrumors member

Of course it SiO2 has an atomic weight, it'd be simply the weight of 1 Silicon atom and 2 Oxygens. I don't know what that is off the top of my head, but I'd think it's more than the weight they list there.

7. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

They show the weight of Si.

I like the look and get the reason they used "table" graphics, but I think my "suspension of disbelief" meter went to 11 on this one.

8. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

My mistake on that but the guy above me is right. The website only shows the atomic weight of Silicon and not the Oxygen.

Total weight should be around 44 amu? (scratch that, add another oxygen in there for me).

9. tacoma-kyle macrumors newbie