News Flash: UK Government are "evil"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by edesignuk, Jun 19, 2009.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

BBC.

What a big fat pain in the pooper Iran is.

2. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I would have thought it was quite an astute observation.

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Ah well, makes a change for the poor ol' US. ;)
    Unless of course the US has been escalated to a degree of damnation beyond evil…

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

6. remmy macrumors 6502a

I'm surprised the UK and Iran don't get along more. They both have questionably unelected leaders and dislike people protesting.

7. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Damn, someone's been posting videos of the weekly cabinet goat-sacrifice and mullah burning!

It's a fair cop.

8. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

It's good to see that Uncle Napoleon is still blaming Britain for everything!

9. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I think the British public generally don't have a problem with the sacrifices, until those involved try claiming the goats as expenses.

10. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Unless you're talking about the Queen, the Labour party were democratically elected - and there wasn't widespread electoral fraud.
    I have to admit I'm fairly outraged by the expenses the MP's have released, take a look at the following claim from the Oxford East MP - Andrew Smith.

Picture 10.png

And its for a reasonable amount of money as well - and you can't see WTF he's claiming for - for all I know it could be a hot-tub, or flights to America or something.

11. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

How do you know that by the way? Ain't there any electoral manipulation in the UK like there is anywhere else in the world (France,US,Germany...)?

12. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Eraserhead - I think the 'unelected leader' comment is in reference to the fact that Gordon Brown was elected PM by his own party, he's never actually been Labour leader in a General Election.

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Gordon Pasha was not elected. As for being part of the Axis of Evil, how can we possibly (a) object to such terms of endearment when we aligned ourselves to US leaders who described Iran as such, and (b) have taken over 40% of the world's land surface without being a tiny bit evil?

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

There is some electoral fraud, but its all about the scale. In the UK probably an average of one seat (out of 700 odd) is contested on fraud grounds each election - this has no effect in the overall makeup of parliament in even the weakest UK governments. Whereas in Iran the presidential vote almost certainly was completely made up, and in Singapore for example if your seat elects an opposition MP your rubbish doesn't get collected.

I suppose that's true...

Thinking about the OP some more I'm not too bothered if Iran wants to call us evil - they are exercising their right to freedom of speech after all. And we are evil some of the time too.

15. remmy macrumors 6502a

Actually not sure if Gordon was elected by his own party. Some of those who did want an election in the party got into a bit of trouble.

I think the Ayatollah is trying to distract people. No nothing to discuss about the elections, and by the way more importantly Britain is evil.

16. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

I agree that the scale isn't important . However I think this is just a flat lie to see our democracies as widely fair and square when it comes to election. This also can be extended towards censorship as well in my opinion.

17. Queso macrumors G4

Never trust anyone with a name that generic. He's obviously up to something ;)

I love the fact we're all evil again BTW. Just as the world was getting used to us being irrelevant too :cool:

18. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Woohoo, Oxford East.

His expenses are pretty shocking to be honest.

19. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Leave big brother alone.

(Please spare my life, I am doubleplusgood at erasing the past, like the Iraq war ;))

20. mbpnewbie macrumors regular

it is truely sad when we can make these jokes about big brother and them be true... Who wants to go and take over madagasgar and start a fresh?

21. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I'm sick of hearing this "unelected" crap. I don't support GB but I do live in his constituency and he is very popular here. It pains me to hear people saying that he was unelected because he got into the position in the same way that every other prime minister gets into office - by being the leader of the party with the most seats.

22. remmy macrumors 6502a

So when the country went to vote, were they voting for the Labour party, Tony Blair who was Prime Minister at the time, their local MP or Gordon Brown who might be Prime Minister is a while. The system is no good.

23. djellison macrumors 68020

At the last general election, Tony Blair said he would see out his last term. Thus, people voted Labour with that in mind.

He's since turned out to be a liar and quit - giving us Gordon Brown. A man that no one in this country voted to be the Prime Minister.

You vote for a party, and the leader of that party becomes PM.

If that leader quits - the RIGHT thing to do is to call a general election.

Gordon has only not done so, because he knows he would fail.

If he had any decency, he would call a general election TODAY.

24. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Perhaps, but would a change of gvt in the middle of a global disaster really be a good idea anyway?

25. Queso macrumors G4

Not yet. I want all those guilty of expenses fraud to be deselected as candidates before another election is called. No way are they getting the chance of another term in office.