Newsmax CEO has interesting healthcare recommendations.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by blackfox, Mar 15, 2017.

1. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

http://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2017/...nt-ditch-freedom-caucus-seek-bipartisan-plan/

I really don't know up from down anymore - but in a weird turn-of-events, Christopher Ruddy, CEO of NewsMax has come out with a seven-point solution to Healthcare in the US in the wake of the train wreck of the current GOP plan. I generally never agree with Newsmax and it's ilk - but can't really find a major fault in his argument. I also admit I find the potential of this thread to be amazing. What say you?

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

The only faults I find is saying that Obama destroyed bipartisanship and the notion that medical savings accounts are some big help here. Most people don't have money to set aside for future medical bills. Which is kind of the whole point of this insurance issue. Maybe if salaries and hours were higher they would.

I'm curious, is there any place on the planet that uses medical savings accounts and if so what kind of success do they have? I need to go research this.

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

With a Health Savings Account you aren't spending less, it's always used in connection with a higher deductible/lower premium. For my wife and myself the cost of our insurance without the HSA was about the same as the cost of the HSA and the premiums. You're simply gambling on not using insurance in that year and keeping the HSA money as savings for retirement.