NewYorkers, we have crappy candidates for mayor.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Nov 2, 2017.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Bill de Blasio (D) ..... I don't trust him. He seems too sneaky and the city barely heard from him these past 4 years. Professional at giving vague answers. He is the best mayor we had for awhile when it comes to education.

Nicole Malliotakis (R) ..... Typical republican aligned 100% with her party's agenda and will not defer even 0.01%. She did make one good case at putting an end to the city overpaying hotels to house the homeless.

Bo Dietl (I) ..... A friend of Trump(nuff said). Retired detective, so he'll always be on the cop's side. He does seem good to keep unions in NYC, but also seems like the type to corrupt the unions like back in the 80's Mafia days.

I guess I'll be voting for Blasio by default of elimination. :oops:

2. ronntaylor macrumors regular

ronntaylor

Malliotakis is a hypocrite and brainless. She complains about the expense of hotels for the homeless. What is her plan to resolve the crisis? She's one of the ones that complain about the increased visibility of the homeless in public spaces; then complains about hotels to shelter them. De Blasio promised more affordable housing that he hasn't delivered on. But he's stuck between a rock and hard place.

Dietl is a scumbag. There's no other way to put it. He's corrupt, inept and is running simply for the publicity.

De Blasio was elected because of his damn son's afro. And no one with a chance to win against him had the guts to enter the race. With term limits they'd rather wait their "turn."

I'll be writing in my grandmother. Again.

3. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 604

Yea, his interracial family gave him a boost to win last election.

4. ronntaylor, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017

ronntaylor macrumors regular

ronntaylor

Poor Bill Thompson should've had the inside track since he was the only one with the balls to challenge Big Bucks Bloomberg for a third illegal term. But that commercial with that afro was his end. So many joked that they were voting for "The Afro" and couldn't tell you what De Blasio was about.