Next beta or final release of iOS 5.0 coming within 30 days

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AlphaDogg, Aug 16, 2011.

1. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Long story short:

I tried to cheat at Tiny Tower while on iOS5.0b5 by changing the date to a month from today (September 16). The phone rebooted, and said it needed to be activated. I tried to activate it. It said the server timed out. So I connected to iTunes. It said "The firmware on *****'s iPhone 3GS has expired. You need to upgrade to the newest firmware." Or something like that. So I realized I had to restore. So I restored and then it hit me. This means that the next beta of iOS5 or the final release is coming out within 30 days, because they wouldn't make the current beta expire without coming out with a new one. This is BIG news!

Just thought I'd share.

ADogg

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

3. AlphaDogg, Aug 16, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011

AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

4. synagence macrumors 6502a

Seems like they're still rolling in the new features and iCloud integration .... Apple's got a lot going on with iOS5 ... they NEED to make sure its not the fiasco that MobileMe launch was ... testing heavily is a GOOD thing

5. Krandor macrumors 6502

No it isn't big news. Every Beta always has an expiration date. Nothing new here. During a beta system I don't think Apple has ever gone 30 days without a new beta version so "new beta within 30 days" would just be normal operating mode. Nothing new.. nothing big.