Next Day Shipping with iPhone 5s? Anyone else have this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Trsmoothie, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Trsmoothie macrumors member

My order is showing next day shipping.

[​IMG]

Does anyone else have this? I have noticed that most people have 2-3 day or standard shipping.

2. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

Did you pay for expedited shipping? It may mean yours is already staged in the US.

3. Trsmoothie thread starter macrumors member

I called in to change it and they gave me upgraded shipping for free. But, other people who have done this only get 2-3 day shipping.

4. meeks macrumors regular

what time did you get your confirmation?

5. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

You may also have been just outside the window to get your phone to you by october 1st under current factory output, so they bumped up your shipping speed to account for production delay.

Just remember September 30 is the end of the quarter for Apple, so they want to get as much product shipped by that point to count towards THIS quarter's profits (you can't count something that has been ordered, but not shipped :) )

6. Trsmoothie thread starter macrumors member

3:08am est

----------

I was thinking that, but I got my confirmation email at 3:08am EST. Do you think they already ran out of stock by then?

7. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

I don't think shipping matters to counting what quarter for a business.

8. Erphern macrumors 6502

Yup. My confirmation email arrived at 2:10AM CST, and I'm in the 7-10 day group (gold/32).

9. Trsmoothie thread starter macrumors member

Mine is white. They had more stock of that. White is currently 7-10 and gold is "october".

10. nlclhc macrumors newbie

I just called Apple and they told me that ALL orders are going to be shipped via UPS and also that ALL of them are "expedite". The operator thought they will arrive by the end of next week. She also told me that nothing will get shipped during the weekend, they will start shipping Monday am (Sunday night in the US).

11. thematt macrumors member

thematt

I ordered mine this morning and paid $10 more for this shipping. I'm still processing but hoping it prepares for shipment soon!

12. Trsmoothie thread starter macrumors member

So, we can just hope for delivery by mid/end of next week.

13. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

I just called and can confirm Apple bumped me to expedited for free under a one-time exception. At most, she said this would gain a day. But she warned a co-worker ordered at 12:01 and his was already bumped twice and now says "October." I'm guessing he got the gold.

She also warned that Sept 28-Oct 2 is a Chinese national holiday and their factory will be closed so no shipments during then.

14. Trsmoothie thread starter macrumors member

I don't think that the factory would take 4 days off during the time that production is needed the most.

15. DustyLBottoms macrumors regular

LOL, you think they're in America or something?

16. RSMatt macrumors newbie

I have 1-3 days to ship as well, but my order was placed at 12:03am PST. So, I just figured I was earlier than everyone else.

17. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

Have you ever dealt with China? They don't get a choice...it's a national holiday (and the second largest at that). Most people get a full week off...its as big as Christmas over there.