Next iPhone comming June 22

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PracticalMac, May 31, 2012.

1. PracticalMac, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012

PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Clues all around.

It's also almost 2 years since the first iPhone 4 came out, and its look-alike sister is just that, a look alike (sure it sounds better, but sounds don't kill like "looks could kill").

June 22 is a Tuesday too. :p

When do YOU think it will come out?

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention.
    Why does everyone think it has to have iOS 6?

Edit 2:
    I wrote a better post, but mods locked them because ONE of the supporting evidence I used had its own thread, apparently. I could have modified it, but they did not reply.

June 22 is almost exactly 2 years for iPhone 4,

2. ppilone macrumors 6502

3. chokem macrumors 6502

4. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

Who cares, the biggest date is November 5th anyways.

5. burnside macrumors 6502

Maybe you should get in line outside your nearest Apple store just in case. ;)

6. nfl46 macrumors 603

Lol, Nooooooo way of that happening.

How in the world are developers going to test their apps for iOS 6 in 2 weeks after the June 11th release date of Beta 1? :/ They have to go through a lot of betas.

Its doubtful the new iPhone will ship with iOS 5.

7. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I am guessing this is because Apple is offering pre-paid on this date you think the new phone is going to be on that date too? I am just going to wait until the WWDC happens before jumping to conclusions.

8. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

g6667543g63.gif

9. Mortalias macrumors 6502

Mortalias

Hi, my name is Tim Cook. And you are hilarious!

Get a load of this one Scott, he thinks he knows the release date more than we do!

10. falterego macrumors 6502

falterego

But you DO plan on jumping to conclusions, right? :p

I'm not concerned. I'm perfectly happy with my 4s right now, so I don't really care when the next model comes out. Of course I'll still get one, but I'm not hitting refresh on apple.com/iphone with my eyes pried open à la A Clockwork Orange.

11. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

12. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

Same here, I was happy with my 4 too, but upgraded to the 4S only because my wife's 3G was dying so we upgraded my account.

If it comes out I might upgrade my wife's account anyway, just so we can have a spare or maybe sell the 4. It depends what she wants to do.

BTW, I made a jump to conclusions mat, I am hoping to make a million dollars on it.

13. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

14. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Yeah it is

15. PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Yeup, where he will say its coming June 22

Good idea!
    Can you give me $600? Thanks.

Why not? iPhone 5, iOS 5, match made in heaven!

NOT the prepaid, the BIG discount on the phones.
    The same kind of discount Apple does on its old models.

Everyone loves a comedian, maybe I get an invite?

16. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

Or can Apple show off the new iPhone at the big event on June 11th, just say coming this Fall, but have the device to show to press only, and say it is not 100% final yet, but at least can show off the design and new screen, etc... ?

17. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

It is unlikely because that would mean current iPhone 4S sales would drastically drop. I would, however, keep this in mind: they could announce both iOS 6 and an 'iPhone 5'. They could settle with, for example, a late July launch or early August launch. In the meantime, developers can adjust their apps for iOS 6 (and perhaps the bigger display in the next-gen iPhone (if it gets a bigger display).

I could see them settling with a late July launch: it gives them time to create a lot of next-gen iPhones without worrying about leaks, while at the same time developers can adjust their apps for the (possible) bigger display. A late July launch (or early August) would also mean that they would only lose one month of iPhone 4S sales. The iPhone 3G was announced on June 9, 2008 and was launched on July 13, 2008 - that's over a month delay, so it is possible they will do this again.

18. ccapman670 macrumors regular

I was hearing not till next fall but I really hope it's this summer. I've been saving my upgrade for a while as I didn't want to go from the 4 to the 4S only to have the 5 come out a few months later!

19. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

How do the announcements usually go? Are iOS and hardware usually together or separate?

I'm predicting iOS 6 is announced, and release of betas, at WWDC, with the final iOS 6 being released and shipped with the new iPhones in the fall. Maybe late summer if we're really lucky! ;)

20. HeezyBear macrumors regular

So you're saying devs will have about 11 days to get their apps ready? Makes sense.

21. PerfectDB macrumors regular

I don't think you would see a vast drop in sales. There has always been a new iPhone released every year, and the 4S is at least halfway through it's cycle - buyers know that an updated model will be coming in a few months. In any event it makes no difference to Apple - either a 4S or the new iPhone, it's still a sale.

I think you've hit the nail on the head in regards to the release date. An announcement at WWDC with a launch in July/August would give ample time for iOS 6 to go through beta and for developers to rework their apps for the longer screen (given that that would be a pretty drastic change over previous years).

22. Sensamic macrumors 68030

There has not even been BETAS of iOS 6 so who do you expect it to be release on June?

Betas of iOS 6 will come out on WWDC, then a couple of months for the developers to test out and THEN the new iPhone will come out.

The new iPhone won't come out with iOS 5.

23. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

I understand what you mean, but I think most buyers won't be that up-to-date. If Apple announces a new iPhone, almost every media outlet is going to report on it and everybody will know. I think that now only those who really follow Apple, know about the leaked iPhone 5/6 parts.

Well, I'm not quite sure yet. Right now all I am really assuming is that WWDC will feature iOS 6 and a September/October event will feature the next-generation iPhone. All we are doing is speculating and I really hope we are right (next-gen iPhone announcement during WWDC), but I'm not too sure just yet. Apple is so unpredictable right now (because they changed their whole product schedule in 2011).