Next iPhone June or October Launch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhalandrew, Dec 4, 2011.

1. iPhalandrew macrumors member

Since we had a later release of the 4S this year, do you think next years iPhone will be released in the same date range (mid-October) or be released at the WWDC conference like previous iPhone announcements. I know no one knows the answer to this I'm just looking for thoughts.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I would bet on fall ... in order to boost holiday sales.

3. bgtrack macrumors regular

bgtrack

I think they will go back to their normal summer releases

4. Shadyriley macrumors 6502

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

This!

6. Widashy macrumors regular

Widashy

iPhone 3GS, 4 and 4S are selling quite well so the next iPhone won't certainly be releasing in March 2012(according to many sites). Expect it to be announced somewhere near October. iPhone 4S after all has a life of at least 1 Year.

7. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Definitely important to get those last minute sales in before oblivion.

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

If LTE chipsets aren't due until end of 2nd/beginning 3rd quarter, I'm gonna say another October launch.

9. SporkLover macrumors 6502

LOL, tech crowds are an interesting bunch. iPhone 4S came out in October, and already speculation on the next one is in full effect. Screen sizes, etc etc.

I hope it's in October. I like to say that I've had my current phone for at least a year before replacing it.

10. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

Since the 4S was a miniscule upgrade from the 4, I'm betting a June or July release in 2012.

11. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Probably late September. I think this will give time to to address their supply issues and give them cushion time to fulfill ogress through the Holidays.

12. webitorgal macrumors regular

webitorgal

I hope it'll be out by September....in time for my birthday! :)

13. maddog91 macrumors regular

Its like people DONT pay attention and pretend like apple IS NOT PREDICTABLE. APPLE RELEASES THEIR STUFF every year at the same time..They pushed this iPhone back so they can have something to push since their iPod line is pretty much reaching a stalemate..They WONT releae an iPhone 6 months after the last one..Seriously people use your brain.

14. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Except that internally they wanted the 4S out in June. But Siri issues held up iOS 5 and so the hardware was pushed back as well.

15. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

16. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

For what?

Give us clues...

17. canucksfan88 macrumors 6502a

canucksfan88

if i was a betting man i would say June. why you may ask?

i believe the iPhone 4S only came out because they couldn't afford to wait any longer for the iPhone 5. I am pretty sure the iPhone 5 was supposed to come out but due to manufacturing/development issues, it was not up to standard and so they scrapped it and went with the 4S.

logically, there is no reason for the 4S to have taken 3 extra months

june release!

18. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Sorry but the schedule has been reset. Anyone that thinks a June/July release is coming is a bit off their rocker. It will now be a fall/October release until something changes it. It's now timed so nobody gets screwed over. If you have an earlier release, all the people who upgraded in October will be bitching about it. Plus an October release finally puts Apples schedule back in check.

October. :)

19. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

If you were a betting man, you'd lose. Siri was what held up the release so "logically" there was a reason for the delay.

As for the next upgrade, it will probably be in the fall. The 4S is the best selling iPhone of all time. There's no need for them to do another upgrade until a few things click into place - mainly these things are much broader LTE support, wider NFC adoption and support, and enough of a software upgrade to Siri to call the release a major upgrade. Unfortunately many of those things are out of Apple's control. If none of those things are ready in the market, they'll just be shooting themselves in the foot with any new (modest) upgrades.

20. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

There are certainly many reasons to come to the opposite conclusion, but since we are just speculating here, it wouldn't completely shock me to see a redesigned form factor iPhone 5 released in the Summer with the 4s being retained as Apple's less expensive alternative/entry level phone.
    Of course, I have no basis in fact for this speculation. It's just that.

21. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

June or October, whichever month, I can wait. I would like to see more colors than the obvious Black or White.

22. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I'm sorry to bear the bad news but Apple will not update iPhones within 365 days of each other.

23. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

They actually did for years.

We just don't know what they are going to do. Maybe the iPhone 4S was a last-minute thought because the real fifth generation iPhone was not ready, or perhaps they just wanted to move the release closer to the holiday season.

Just assume the release is going to be in the fall of 2012 again. That way, if the iPhone 6 turns up in the summer of 2012 you won't be disappointed.

24. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

That just might be right. New phone on the day Steve Jobs Passed Away might just make sense from Apple.

Another guess would be some time in 2012, but before Dec 21st when the world is going to end according to the latest predictions. :eek: