Next iPhone release for summer 2012?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shanekarpi251, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanekarpi251 macrumors member

I have been thinking about this a lot and I have come to believe that there could be an announcement of the new iPhone at the Worldwide developers conference March 7th (or sometime shortly after since the rumor is they will be mostly emphasizing the iPad 3 that day). I'm not trying to sound like a psychic that can predict the future or anything like that, I'm simply giving my thoughts on this and want to see what some of you think about this scenario. Also I admit I'm a little bias on this because I'm really hoping to upgrade to an iPhone from my android and the iPhone 4s was a big disappointment to me. However, this thread isn't written to "bash" the iPhone 4s in any way.
    Looking through the history of releases of the iPhone it would only make sense that Apple would announce something to be launched sometime this summer. I know the iPhone 4s came out in October 2011 but that was a little late from the summer trend that was going on from the previous iPhone releases. In my opinion, the release of the iPhone 4s was a quick development to keep customers happy and to stay somewhat updated they needed to put something out there. The update from the iPhone 4 to the 4s relates a lot to the update from iPhone 3G to the iPhone 3GS because the updates between each other were mostly internal updates just like the updates are from iPhone 4 to the iPhone 4s. Sure this time they added Siri into the operating system but the design stayed the same just like iPhone 3G and 3GS. In addition, it's also worth noting that between the iPhone 4 and 4s there were some launches in between such as the addition of the CDMA iPhone 4 in February and the addition of the white iPhone 4 in april 2011. To me that seems like a reason why the iPhone 4s came out later than usual because the addition of CDMA was a big launch to users on the Verizon network to see their reactions to it. Similarly I think that's why Apple put out the iPhone 4s to please the Sprint customers that were promised to get it on their network. That brings up the next topic: Is the iPhone 4s a disappointment?
    It's been the talk about it all ever since the iPhone 4s was launched. Most people were disappointed at what the successor to the iPhone 4 had to offer. There's been talk about how disappointing the screen size hasn't been updated from the rather small 3.5 inch display, how the design of the phone hasn't changed and the list can go on. Comparing the iPhone to the many Android phones on the market, the iPhone 4s barely makes it to "par" with the rest of the phones available. The demand for the iPhone has been increasing every launch and people have their own opinions why they would want the iPhone 4s but users who have the iPhone 4 or a similar Android phone are left disappointed.
    With all that said, it's apparent that Apple needs to do something in order to at least stay "equal" with the rest of the phones. With so many manufacturers of Android phones constantly updating their specs, I would expect Apple to start doing the same. Many people could start choosing Android if Apple doesn't step it up by adding some of the features consumers want in a smartphone. On the economic side of things, announcing a new iPhone shouldn't hurt sales too much because some people just can't wait and others simply love Apple no matter what. I'm sure most of you think there isn't a chance Apple would release a new iPhone less than a year apart from the previous one but anything can happen and it's not to forget Steve Jobs isn't here anymore.

2. ah123 macrumors regular

Sigh - didn't fancy using that search function, eh?

3. lilo777 macrumors 603

If you follow tech news/rumors you should have seen recent rumor that the next iPhone will be released in September/October time frame.

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

After your first sentence stating that WWDC was in March, you lost all credibility.

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.