Next iPhone's Accessories

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ay_Zimmy, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Ay_Zimmy macrumors 6502

We've seen all the rumors about the next iPhone but what about accessories? I'm assuming a new USB cord, new wall charger plug. But what about the headphones? I feel like Apple's headphones have never been that good. So I'm really hoping for new headphones with better sound quality. Also, do you think it will come with a USB converter plug for all past Apple accessories?

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

One thing for sure is these 3rd party accessory companies will be rubbing their hands together in anticipation !!

3. ETRONICSweb macrumors newbie

I agree, however, I always substituted their headphones for Bose. If the USB is 9 pin as the rumors that would mean a whole lot of people making accessories would be in business and us the customers again would be stuck paying for all new accessories. I would be nice if there was some kind of converter made but even tho I still don't think most accessories will fit properly, the only thing it would probably be good for is charging. But that's Apple and the price of being an Apple fan :)

----------

Ha I was writing that as you already got it in. Maybe we should get in and make some kind of new accessory Haha. It would be smart to get on it now

4. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

The headphones Apple includes in their players and phones are plain crap. But I doubt this will change anytime soon.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Accessories are usually the last to surface. Why? Because a lot of the manufacturers don't even know what is coming.

6. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

I just think it's kind of funny that people are being kinda hard on Apple for making this change... Hell... the 30 pin connector came out in 2003! That is 9 years ago folks! I think Apple is well justified in making a change so they can shrink the technology.

"Boo hoo.... I have to buy new accessories!" You can be sure that this new 8/9 pin port will be used for at least 9 more years. Hell.... remember what it was like before iPhone existed? Before micro and mini USB? All phone manufacturers used proprietary connectors! The current situation is much better.

7. Ay_Zimmy thread starter macrumors 6502

Theres nothing wrong with them updating at all.. It just sucks for the people who have $100+ accessories such as iHomes, my friend has that Zeppelin speaker, that thing was a couple of hundred dollars. I'm for the upgrade if it brings good qualities, but since its the first product changing over, there should be some adapter plug that comes with it until it becomes the norm.

8. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

My car is wired for the iPod connection. Sucks, those are expensive :)

9. lowbelly macrumors member

Yeah, people love Apple's terrible earbuds though. I'm thinking a bumper with some kind of a twist... inductive charging or something.

10. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Oh yeah, it's going to be a good Christmas is those houses. Sales like they haven't seen in years.

As far as included accessories all I see changing is possibly the USB cord to USB 3. Charger, no need to change that. Earbuds, eh, still be the cheap crap we've always got. (gotta have margins!)

11. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I know they won't, but they need to give us a longer stock charger!!!

12. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

You could just buy an adapter; I'm certain a cheap adapter will be made by Apple (ex. Like MagSafe 2 adapters) or by third-parties.