Next time a friend or family member wants you to fix their computer...

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by iPhone 62S, Aug 25, 2009.

1. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

OK, I usually only post xkcds when they are relevant to a thread, but this one I'm sure has relevance to everyone here and will give you a good laugh and might even come in handy to send to people next time they ask for help, so I decided to make a thread for it! :p

[​IMG]

2. peepboon macrumors 6502

peepboon

Im not saying I have a lot of computer knowledge but I get asked my friends and family all the time to fix computers, etc etc. I can do most using my knowledge and if I am stuck I just google it... the answer is always out there somewhere... perhaps 'non-computer' people should use google more.

I must admit that I hate fixing computers, some windows PCs needs a format and reinstall... a process which takes ages when you consider all the updates, etc etc... and I do it for free! lol~ would be sooo rich if I charged, lol :p

3. Belm macrumors regular

Exactly what I do every time! LOL! I'm going to print this out and give it to my mom. :D

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

There should be one where they would compensate for time and effort if problem is solved.

5. TheOnlyJon macrumors 6502a

TheOnlyJon

6. thec macrumors newbie

I don't know why, but as a mac person at work iam always asked to fix pc problems.....i love to tinker, but the more i do this, it just reminds me why iam a mac.........