Next Upgrade - Target or Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ckiggins, Oct 2, 2014.

1. ckiggins macrumors 6502

So I am getting conflicting information - are Next upgrades available at the Apple Store or Target?

I preordered a 6+ through AT&T but it has a ship date of 11/9-11/27. I found the phone I want available at both Target and Apple today (crazy!) but I didn't know if either of these places do Next upgrades.

I know I would need to cancel my preorder through AT&T first to restore my upgrade eligibility...

2. 17MBPC2D macrumors regular

Apple has AT&T Next as checkout option, my local Target does not.

3. CUHATIN macrumors regular

cancel and get your phone

4. ckiggins thread starter macrumors 6502

I saw Next as an option as a checkout option on Apple, but it is only for NEW Next plans, it doesn't say anything about upgrading from a current Next plan...

5. r3ydium macrumors member

Check you're local target.

My local targets are in fact doing NEXT upgrades. I just did it myself yesterday for my new +

----------

Another quick note. I had to do this same thing. I originally preordered through target but when they didn't get my device in the first day I ordered thought Apple. To my surprise target called about 2 days ago to let me know it came in.

It was perfect timing as they upgraded their system on 1-OCT to support the NEXT plans.

I canceled my order and the upgrade restored to my AT&T account in about 10 minutes.

Also, one other quick thing. Target only carries stock of 16GB. You may get lucky and be able to snag a preorder that never got picked up but other wise I think you'll be limited to 16

----------

My apple.com Oder was an upgrade in an existing account.

6. ckiggins thread starter macrumors 6502

Grr, I just called our local Target and they said the mobile people don't start until noon.