NG Troops Cheer Call For Iraq Withdrawal

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by solvs, Aug 28, 2007.

1. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/08/26/national/main3204570.shtml

I don't really know what else to add.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, I think we all know that nothing will come of it, but it's very good to hear.

3. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

Kinda figured there'd be more of those in here who kept claiming the troops were still pro-war, despite all evidence to the contrary. Kinda figured it'd be a bigger story too. Haven't heard much of anything about it in the MSM.

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Of course not! Look who's in the White House controlling the media. ;)

5. Queso macrumors G4

Definitive proof that the Liberal Media doesn't support the troops ;)

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And look who's conspicuously absent from this thread: swarmlord, obeygiant, desertrat amongst others. Hmm..wonder why?

7. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

No one else to blame. Figured they'd at least try though. Along with more comments about how the troops support the war, so if we don't, we're against them. Here's some more too:

South of Baghdad, U.S. troops find fatigue, frustration
    Pilot In Iraq To Bush: Troops Not Getting Enough Training Or Time At Home (links to another article with more info about Bush's surprise Iraq visit.

And:

Veterans Against The Iraq War
    Iraq Veterans Against the War
    http://www.votevets.org/

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Aren't those just a bunch of sites propped up by the MoveOn.org crowd? ;) :)

9. imac/cheese macrumors 6502a

From what I have seen, a good portion of the military that has been over there would like to see us get out as soon as we can, but they are also aware that pulling out too quickly could cause a lot of other problems. The troops in general are willing to do a job but are not enjoying what they are being called to do.

10. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

On my brother's SF team, the general consensus is - the entire debacle is just such a waste. They know the people in the "regular" Army (their words, not mine) are under trained, demoralized, and exhausted.

On the other hand, they know that SF will be in Iraq forever, regardless of any troop pullout.

He leaves in October for his first trip to Iraq, second trip to the middle east this year.

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That's what I've been hearing from everyone I know in the armed forces as well. Everyone is pretty much over the whole thing.