NH buyers might want to avoid the Salem Apple store.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Anthony8720, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Anthony8720 macrumors regular

It seems the store manager at this store, vs the Nashua store, has all the employees literally giving no information at all about iPad availability. When I ask when they'll be getting more in, I repeatedly get the same answer "We don't know." I then went so far is to ask, "will it be this month?". The answer, "We don't know". The thing is, the employees smile and laugh when they give these answers, because we all know the game they are trying to play. Unfortunately, this does you no good.

Stores are getting lower than respectable amounts of iPads to sell, and basically, they aren't selling many of them in the Apple retail stores themselves. I heard through the grapevine that the Salem store only received 20 units over the weekend (semi-confirmed, I trust the source, but can't be certain). It's completely understandable if they are suffering a supply constrain, however, I literally heard them tell a dozen shoppers today when I was there that they are "selling like crazy", "we didn't think we could sell out of the amount we had. It's that popular". I don't know. I hate to say it, but my beloved apple seems to be playing the smoke and mirrors game. Anyone remember the iPhone 4 launch? Jobs literally said he would see to it that every apple customer that wanted an iPhone would get one on the first weekend. What the heck happened?

I digress...moral of the story, NH iPad shoppers should deal with the Nashua store if possible. They have been very friendly and forthcoming...which is the only reason I am aware of supply constraints anyways ;-)

2. nduda78 macrumors newbie

Now see, I feel the total opposite. The Nashua store I felt did horrible on launch day. Poorly executed staff and management not controlling and informing waiting people of the status. I actually left the line and drove to the walmart in Hudson at 4pm where I was number 3 in line. At 5pm the line was only 20 people deep. Walmart was awesome, granted a very small line. I think I'm done with apple store launches having been to Nashua, Salem, Burlington, and Peabody.

3. Anthony8720 thread starter macrumors regular

Sheeeeesh. Steve, come back!

4. Davichi macrumors 6502

They are saying dunno because they don't know for 100%. Just order online and wait like a normal person.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Its the 21st century. They know. They just choose not to say. :mad: It seems like they feel compelled to fuel the frenzy. Reminds me of the team ahead by 100 points with 3 minutes remaining and choose to go for another touchdown.

But alas, this is not sports, but business. And if HTC or Motorola or Samsung had the chance to do the same, they would. Because at the end of the day its about the shareholders, not the users.

Rant off. :(

6. Anthony8720 thread starter macrumors regular

Could the moderators please do something, at some point, about all the users on here that flame for no reason. "Normal people", really?

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Well, in all fairness, getting caught up in the Apple launch frenzy is not "normal".

Nothing wrong with being a little weird... ;)

8. webcrush macrumors regular

The Nashua store staff were clueless when I went there Friday, couldn't even say whether or not they'd have inventory for the 500+ people on the line. The Target at that mall were better managed and were doing wrist bracelets in an organized fashion. Walmart Chelmsford didn't have a single unit received but they directed me to the Tewksbury story, which, wait for it, got ONE from Apple. Its in my lap right now. And I got there at 4pm.

IMO, its best to avoid the Apple stores altogether if you have your **** together and know what you want. Those stores are just there to drive up hype, aide the ignorant masses, and generate unmanageable lines and expectations.