Nice attack was due to ‘decades of multiculturalism and political correctness’ says Polish Interior

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by XrayTed, Jul 15, 2016.

1. XrayTed macrumors regular

XrayTed

• Polish Interior Minster Mariusz Blaszczak called for tough action on jihadis
    • He claimed 'multiculturalism' and political correctness caused Nice attack
    • The right wing politician wants increased surveillance on terror suspects
    • He said there there were not any 'no-go zones in Poland' for the police
    Poland's right wing interior minister Mariusz Blaszczak has blamed last night's terror attack in Nice on 'multiculturalism' after it emerged the killer was a French Tunisian living in the city.

Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, 31, killed 84 people as he drove his large lorry along the main promenade in Nice indiscriminately knocking down pedestrians who had just finished watching the city's Bastille Day fireworks.

Unlike other international politicians, Blaszczak blamed France and the European Union's Foreign affairs commissioner Federica Mogherini for last night's deadly attack.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-Polish-Interior-Minister.html#ixzz4EVyNRq59

Tough to disagree with this logic in the wake of the latest muslim mass slaughter of infidels. The left wing open borders/globalist crowd are losing traction, as well they should. We have far too many of these invading zealots in our lands, its high time to fix something that is drastically broken.

2. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I just love how the far right treats "multiculturalism" like its a four letter word. Utterly obvious to the irony of their "CONFORM OR SUFFER" rehtoric.

3. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

It's just that conservatives believe multiculturalism involves embracing the culture of the country you join, while encouraging the retention of heritage and traditions, and the liberal definition means creating sub-countries with their own laws inside the new country.

You want to be a US citizen? Great. Welcome. Learn English. Embrace our culture and continue to honor your own heritage - as immigrants have done in the US for 2 hundred years.

No problem.

You want to create schools where Farsi is the language teachers use, and communities where sharia law takes precedent over US law?

Go home.

4. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Clearly you don't understand what "assimilate" means. When you take people into your country, you expect them to learn and follow your language and customs. In exchange they introduce interesting new things from their culture, and so everybody benefits as the newcomers blend into society.

Multiculturalism has always been a ridiculous concept that ghettoizes groups rather than accepting them into the larger society.

5. APlotdevice, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

So basically you want the Amish, Mennonites, and ultra-orthodox Jews to all leave?
    --- Post Merged, Jul 15, 2016 ---
    Learning the language is fine. Though the far right frequently takes this to the extreme by saying we should provide ANY non-english documentation. A position which shows complete ignorance towards the realities of learning a second language. (i.e.. Being “fluent” doesn’t mean you understand everything. There will still be some words that you don’t recognize, some grammar patterns that leave you confused. This is true even if you’ve spoken the language for decades! In every day conversation this isn’t a big deal, but it can be debilitating for important legal or financial documents)

For as long as America has existed, there has been a clear pattern to migration: First generation migrants tend to move in with others like themselves because its where they feel most comfortable. Second generation and beyond, however, do begin to integrate more and more with the culture. This is true even in very tight communities, such as those created by Ashkenazi immigrants (my ancestors) in the 19th and 20th century.

6. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I know why you chose Farsi rather than Turkish or Arabic. Countries where Farsi is the preferred language tend to have liberal immigrants, and of course you hate liberals.

7. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

I do love your utter nonsense sometimes. So predictable.

I have no problem with legal immigration - even if they are liberals.

I have no issue whatsoever if a million liberals want to become US citizens and embrace our country and culture as their own.

Legal immigration. Embrace the culture and laws of the country you join. Simple.

You turn it into a liberal vs conservative issue - because of your raw, deeply implanted hatred for conservatives, fostered by the party you blindly support as they ruin the country for their personal gain.

8. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Keep the Mennonites, at the very least. They make awesome furniture.
    Tell me, Witt: do you have at least some sense of awareness of what you post?

9. thekev, Jul 15, 2016

thekev macrumors 604

thekev

I'm going to retype this post.

I used the liberal vs conservative thing as a jab, because it amuses me. You chose the example of Farsi for a reason. It's mainly spoken in Iran, a place with a somewhat crazy government. You ignored that most of the immigrants from Iran tend to be highly Americanized. You also ignored that none of the terrorist attacks here were committed by Iranian expatriates.

As for the topic of Farsi, the predominant language in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon, Syria and Sudan is Arabic. I had to google Pakistan. It suggests Urdu and English tend to be the predominant languages there.

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

To further illustrate your point...

Women in Iran
    [​IMG]

Women in Saudi Arabia
    [​IMG]

Now explain to me why we want to bomb the former back into the stone age? How has that worked out for us so far?

Iranian society is fairly westernized. It's true that Ayatollah, his clerics, and his Revolutionary Guard are a bit of a hateful holdover from days past, but their power is slowly but surely being eroded away due to the pressure put on them by the more secular government, and the people. Why destroy that, creating a ton of enemies in the process, when all we have to do is wait, and gain, if not an ally, then a state neutral to our concerns?

11. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

I don't speak for the poster of your rhetorical question, but for myself I say ... welcome back, APlotdevice!!!

12. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I can't speak for you, but I think the Amish are a bunch of smug bastards. They just think they're cool with their horse drawn buggies, and delicious cakes...

13. XrayTed thread starter macrumors regular

XrayTed

Muslims don't, a few of thes recent homicide bombers were born in the country they kill zealots in, including the Ft Hood murderer [who for reasons I cannot understand, it still live and well and studying the Koran].
    They are famously clannish and remain that way their entire lives no matter where they may roost. They all require mosques, halal food, marry and associate only among their own and they might know English but prefer to speak their native babble, and wear their native garb.

Above all, they all bow to their pedo prophet, their cultures are so completely different there is no comparison with previous waves of immigrants [Italians, Germans, Irish ect] who indeed assimilated, often going so far as to Anglicize their names to blend in better.
    Mexicans are not much better in that regards, waving mexican flags and many making no effort at all to learn English.

So no, I don't buy that oft repeated leftist "We are a nation of immigrants !" tripe for one second as an excuse to let 10,000,000's of alien foreigners to flood our lands.

14. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

You joke now, but it won't be funny we he straps an ear to his chest and blows popcorn all over you.

15. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

Either you want to become a full-fledged American or you want to stay whatever you were before you got here, but with all the benefits of being in America.

We've found that the former works really well: allowing people in who strengthen us in unity but also keep our culture thriving with their additions.

The latter has proved to be a failed experiment. Multicultural ghettoes keep people apart and foster dis-unity.

16. DearthnVader macrumors regular

DearthnVader

Nobody reads or understands those things anyway.

17. APlotdevice, Jul 15, 2016

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

So to be clear, you're saying that you would have kicked out or flat out refused to let in MY ancestors? Is this correct?
    There are 3.3 million Muslims in this country. About 3/5 as many as the population of my own people (Jews) here. Are you really applying these traits to every single one of them? REALLY?

18. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

If your ancestors admitted that they had no intentions of ever fitting in, of course I wouldn't have let them in.

19. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

My maternal great grandparents migrated to a neighborhood made up almost exclusively of Russian Jews. My grandfather's father could barely speak of lick of English, preferring to converse in Yiddish.

20. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

I didn't ask.

You said your people refused to mix in with the rest of us. By my lights, that's not a good group of people to let immigrate.

Or don't you have any standards for who we should let in?

21. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Well I would say I'm a pretty good example of why you don't know what the **** you are talking about.

22. thekev, Jul 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016

thekev macrumors 604

thekev

People do try to blend in when faced with xenophobia. Most of what you point out has nothing to do with obeying US law, attempting to learn proper English (younger Middle Eastern immigrants would already know a significant amount), or treating US citizens and other immigrants with respect.

As for religion, one calls a pretty gruesome guy their prophet and the other worships zombies. I can't tell their nonsense apart. This does of course ignore that not all Middle Eastern immigrants are either Muslim or actively practicing.

23. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

So your ancestors refused to assimilate and now you're prejudiced against Christians as I've pointed out repeatedly. Looks like you're the perfect example of why multiculturalism doesn't work.