Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wilson

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
I'm a graphic designer and I need to get a monitor for my G5. I want a monitor that is at least 19" so that I have more room to work with. A LCD is too pricey for me, especially anything over 17".

I heard Lacie's ElectronBlue IV 19" is pretty good. Anybody have any suggestions or recommendations?

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
Viewsonic 22" P225fb

Wilson said:
I'm a graphic designer and I need to get a monitor for my G5. I want a monitor that is at least 19" so that I have more room to work with. A LCD is too pricey for me, especially anything over 17".

I heard Lacie's ElectronBlue IV 19" is pretty good. Anybody have any suggestions or recommendations?
I've got a Viewsonic 22" P225fb CRT that I'll sell you for $400 + shipping if you're interested. Check around - the best price for a new one is over $550 + shipping. I've had it less than a year and it currently sits next to my G5. I am going to upgrade to the 23" Cinema. Let me know...

From the Viewsonic website:
Designers will appreciate aperture grill technology that delivers the RICHEST, MOST SATURATED COLOR WITH UNCOMPROMISING FIDELITY. Incredible 340MHz video bandwidth provides ULTRA-CRISP MOTION VIDEO AT EVERY RESOLUTION for enhanced gaming and video. The absolutely flat PerfectFlat® screen combined with advanced screen treatments ensures hours of comfortable, distortion-free viewing. And the big 20" viewable screen and ultra-high resolution guarantee you’ll fit just about everything on your desktop. Step up to ViewSonic’s legendary quality with the P225f and P225fB — the ultimate in CRT performance from ViewSonic.

[EDIT] SOLD to another party

phrac

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2004
i use to run two sony cpd-e500 21" monitors and they work well. These monitors are nice but no longer made. The newer version (e540 i believe) cost about $600 each.

I am willing to sell you both of my monitors for $650 + shipping if you are interested.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.