Nice little change of mind on iPhone 5 by Slate writer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pipper99, Oct 8, 2012.

1. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

2. apierrec macrumors 6502

Thanks for this breath of fresh air. Now I feel like am in an Apple community. :cool:

3. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Nice review, seems that people are wow'd by how the iPhone 5 looks and feels, for the most part. Although I wonder how his review would have been if he would have received this out of the box, brand new: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7_AS_9z0IU:eek:

4. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

I agree. Everything changes when you hold it in hand and use it! I have both OS systems (Android and iOS) but I feel at home when working with the iPhone 5. I’ll admit this; I was skeptical of the taller screen. Boy was I wrong…

5. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Is nice to see something positive.

its true the build quality and materials are unsurpassed. I can't believe folks complain that aluminum scratches. What do they think would happen to every Android cheap plastic phone?

I keep being taken aback by the display. It is awesome. Reminds me of a perfect Kindle. I'm using auto-brightness and it is just perfect brightness. It doesn't shine from the phone, it looks like I'm looking at a crystal clear page with gorgeous colors. Not overdone colors, not skewed colors, just right.

6. Pipper99 thread starter macrumors 68000

Pipper99

I like his comment, "If you’re going to get a case for the iPhone 5, you’re ruining its best feature—it’d be like losing a bunch of weight and celebrating by donning a fat suit."

I understand that most people want to protect their iPhone, but I feel the same way as the writer. I just love how this device feels in the hand. My wife put an Otterbox on her iPhone 5 right away and all that I see when I look at it is a big, ugly case. It'll still look great when it's finally uncased, but she'll never enjoy the naked beauty of the device (not that she cares about such things when it comes to electronics).

This observation of his kind of sums my feeling: "In a strange way, it doesn’t feel like it was built at all. This is a gadget that seems as if it fell into the box fully formed."

7. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Although the build quality (minus the defects) is great, its funny thats the line that made me wince "like it fell from heaven", sounds like he was paid a great sum for that propaganda.

8. dmelgar macrumors 68000

Right. Can't just like the phone. Maybe Samsung is paying off everyone else. Like the prominent Samsung ads before and after every video segment on NBSNews website. They spent 5 minutes on the Today show complaining about the connector. Samsung has VERY deep pockets and is getting much better manipulating the public. Google maybe helping as well since they're indirectly being sued.

9. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

No not saying that, it was the way he gushed. Maybe im just not a gusher so when I read someone being so over the top, it sounds fake.

Im not trying to poo poo the thread.

10. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

That's probably how they're all getting scratched. :)

11. Pipper99 thread starter macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Good one! Touche' :D