Nick Ayers declines #45's request to be his CoS.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PracticalMac, Dec 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

2. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

Word is Spicer can’t find a decent job. It’s rough when you an infamous, documented repeater of lies with National visibility. So I can imagine hesitance, among other things.

3. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Expect a Trump tweet saying Ayers is dumb as a rock.

4. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Maybe he'll again reach in to the deep talent pool at Fox News and appoint Sean Hannity.

5. Glideslope macrumors 603

Glideslope

Nick Ayers will be someone to keep an eye on. Reminds me of a Lee Atwater without all the anger and need for the kill. A very savvy political operative for his age. :apple:

6. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

This. The current mouthpiece for Trump lies, Sanders, will be in the same boat. You know, a lot of these people are in their end game due to the stain of Trump on their resumes. That is one smell you cannot scrub from your being.

7. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Sarah kicks rear end.

8. samcraig macrumors P6

One of the things to come out of the Cohen memo is also how much they considered him a mouthpiece for Trump and perpetuating his lies. One hopes they hold POTUS equally accountable.

9. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Id like to see Spicy go on SNL and play Melissa McCarthy. That would keep him working for a few hours.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 9, 2018 ---

I agree, I think this could open up a lot more doors of people heading for the hills. A 36 yr old turns down a prestige position of power that under any other admin would catapult his future and is resigning from the entire admin on top of that. That speaks volumes this admin, not that it was needed though. It will be interesting to see who fills that role and other potential roles opening up.

10. SquireSCA Suspended

SquireSCA

Of course, nobody knows his reasons or what other opportunities he might have lined up... but don’t let me take you away from gossip and trump hatred... what would you guys even talk about if there was no trump? This section would be nothing but tumbleweeds...

11. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

12. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

If Ayers wants to stay married he made the right decision. He and his wife have six-year-old triplets... Chief of Staff to any president is a 2/47 job. Most likely the guy would like to be around to see his kids more than once a week. Most likely his wife would insist on it!

13. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Or he sees a sinking ship and is bailing.

14. vrDrew macrumors 65816

From the New York Times:

That tells me all I need to know. A guy with enough money not to need the job. And the smarts to recognise what happens to people who get involved with Donald Trump.

Too bad so many of my fellow Americans aren't that smart.

15. PracticalMac, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018

PracticalMac thread starter macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Only the best.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 9, 2018 ---
    I think it would be fair to add: "who have the time to listen/read news reports from a diverse number of sources".

Many have too much work and family to have the luxury to spend time understanding WTH is happening in DC.

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

If there were no Trump, we would sure as hell be in a much better position not only as a country, but to the world with a hell of a lot better relations than being held responsible for electing an idiot with a reputation for:
    1. admiring dictators,
    2. referring to supremacists as "very fine people"
    3. demeaning the citizens of the country he represents, and
    4. undermining and outright slapping the face of the fundamentals and principles this country was based on
    Among other things.

What would we talk about? We'd actually talk about some of the more important issues going on, such as the improvement of healthcare, our infrastructure, our veterans, our personal rights, including our right to privacy...

... you know.. all of those things we were talking about in this forum BEFORE TRUMP EVER CAME INTO THE PICTURE.

Perhaps the only tumbleweeds being referenced here are the ones you are trying to paint from your own machinations, when a simple search of this forum for anything prior to 2016 would have provided you the answers you were looking for.

BL.

17. Huntn, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018

Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

Her own...
    --- Post Merged, Dec 10, 2018 ---
    There was a time when working for the office of the Office of the President, was prestigious, a feather in one’s cap, a gold star on resumes.

Now, as with the Office itself, it emulates Trump and it’s creeping rot that poisons everything it touches. First and foremost is the umprecedented level of deceit. I am astonished at how far the GOP has fallen to continue to endorse and protect this cancer on our souls.

Trump hate? Yeah, that’s how I feel about cancer and malevolence that preys on the weak and the suckers.

18. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Trump doesn't want a CoS. In Trumps mind the role is pointless. The guy has a turnover rate of over 60%, who in their right mind would want such a job? Trumps gonna have to look outside the beltway, I'd be shocked if another military person is willing to have their reputation trashed like Kelly, McMaster, or Mattis.