nike’s jogging sensor

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ROGERWILCO357, Jan 19, 2010.

1. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

Ok I am thinking of buying the Nike sensor for my Nike shox plus running shoes. This sensor is suppose to tell you your distance and your what else calories burned? Enlighten me please . Are they worth using?:rolleyes:

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

For 19 bucks for the sensor, it should be worth it. U just need to get either the Nike+ running shoes or get a little holder for the sensor to strap on to your shoes.

3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

You should check out the Nike plus website for all the details. I think they are good if you are just starting out running and want to know how far you just ran, where you slowed up etc. Also useful if you want to keep track of all your runs.

4. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

For $20 yes. I just got it myself and I love it. The sensor works great with my new nike+ shoes. What is really the best part is the interactive website that goes along with it. The nike running website is still in beta but is great. Its very cool. There you can track all your runs, time, distances, calories, etc. You can set goals for yourself, join challenges with people all over the world. The trainer is very cool especially if you plan on doing any kind of training for runs from 3k all the way up to full marathons. As you can see I am very happy with my twenty dollar purchase. The sensor has been very accurate. I have been running on the treadmill right now as it is just above freezing outside and the sensor has been within 2/100ths of a mile of what my treadmill is saying so that's good enough for me!

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

The only thing that sucks about these sensors is that, they are made so that when the battery gets shot, you throw it away.

People have however been able to open it and replace the battery with a new one.