Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bob24

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
I am considering the Nike Watch as the band seems superior to the regular Apple sports band to handle sweat during workout sessions.

However I am happy to stay in the apple ecosystem rather than the separate Nike one and I am not a fan of heavy branding.

Am I correct that as far as Nike rebranding goes the only two things are the band (which I will only used to exercise) and a few additional watch faces which can be disabled and replaced but the regular Apple ones?

Also I understand there is a specific Nike app for tracking workouts. Is it possible to completely disable it so that never pops-up asking you anything and doesn't show anywhere except the application matrix (or is it even possible to completely uninstall it?).

And lastly, I assume the answer is yes but to double-check am I right in assuming Apple's own workout tracking app is also available even though it is kind of a duplicate of the Nike one?

3lionsbecks

Suspended
Jul 19, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Yes. The watch is exactly the same but with the NIKE extras.

You don't need to use any of the Nike faces, exclusive colour option (volt) nor the Nike run club app.

It is all optional

Reactions: bob24
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.