Nike Teal Tint / Tropical Sport Band already discontinued?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by canyonblue737, May 20, 2019.

1. canyonblue737 macrumors 65816

So this spring Nike launched new colored bands including the Teal Tint / Tropical sports band (and loop, I'm interested in the band). It's May and I went looking for a 40mm one and Apple, Nike, BestBuy, Target and others are all sold out and none allow back orders. It doesn't say discontinued but it does say "currently unavailable." Does this likely mean it isn't coming back or is this fairly typical and once stock comes back they put it back for sale? I was just surprised because this seems a recent addition, heck it still says "New" on apple.com

Thanks!

2. twanj, May 20, 2019
    Last edited: May 20, 2019

twanj macrumors 6502

twanj

3. canyonblue737 thread starter macrumors 65816

Unfortunately I’m looking for the band. I found a single knock off of the color and ordered that, hopefully it is close, they use a modified image of the Apple picture so who knows. Thanks!

4. Dino F macrumors 68030

Dino F

If you're after the 40mm Teal Tint/Tropical Twist band, it's still available from the Nike website:

https://www.nike.com/gb/t/40mm-black-hyper-grape-sport-band-r35wZj/CU5620-301

;)

5. twanj macrumors 6502

twanj

6. canyonblue737 thread starter macrumors 65816

7. rgyiv macrumors regular

rgyiv

Keep us posted; if you like it, I wouldn't mind knowing where you got it from

8. canyonblue737 thread starter macrumors 65816

well i just got it... knock-off band from a company i've never used before, that is clearly using a doctored apple photo (having just removed the nike/apple markings from the inside) but they shipped within 24 hours and i got the band 3 days later so no complaints there. the color is FLAWLESS and identical to the real deal band, like most knock offs it is subtly thinner and not quite as soft but its still very nice, on the wrist will look the same. in general i like buying the apple bands as they show less dirt over time and just feel a bit more premium, but i wanted this particular nike band for the color... its not in stock and this did the job 98% as well. recommended.

https://i-ccessories.com/products/apple-watch-band-summer-19-for-nike-edition

UPDATE: click the bottom green option in the choices, its the teal one... AND ITS SOLD OUT in the 40mm I got. It's still in-stock for 44mm. It was in-stock just 4 days ago when i ordered (40mm size) so hopefully they get it back! sorry guys.

9. rgyiv macrumors regular

rgyiv

Thanks for the follow up!

10. ant the ninja macrumors 6502

ant the ninja

Just in case you were wondering, its back in stock now in a 40mm. My wife loved the way this band looked so much so I was trying hard to find it for her. I bought the knock off suggested in here and it was great but I just happen to check last week and see it was back so I ordered it. looks great!