Nikki Haley will endorse Marco Rubio

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LizKat, Feb 17, 2016.

1. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

RNC is in full on panic mode. Trying to pander for votes for the establishment's robot candidate.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

DNC is not much better at this time trying to figure out who will come out on top, sure as hell hope Bernie does.

4. LizKat thread starter macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yah, they do not want The Donald, they will settle for Malleable Marco. They hope he's malleable.

5. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

That's rather moot, the opposing party is never thrilled with what the other side has.

6. LizKat thread starter macrumors 68040

LizKat

At this time, RealClearPolitics shows Rubio over Clinton by a bit more than Rubio over Sanders.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_presidential_race.html

Dems would have to hope Rubio does not continue to up his game and prove a decent debater in the general. Clinton is quite good (understatement) when she focuses on the issue of the questions.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 17, 2016 ---
    I beg to disagree. Rubio/Haley is the last combo on earth Clinton wants to run against.

7. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

And you know this how?

8. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Well, the Presidency isn't like any other job out there. It's not like being a senator, but it's not like being a governor either.

And let's not make the mistake of thinking Barack Obama does not know what he's doing. Barack Obama knows exactly what he's doing.

9. LizKat thread starter macrumors 68040

LizKat

I am the goddess of Democratic fears. :eek:

10. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Good, now they can further strengthen their GOP immigrants against any more immigrants movement.

11. LizKat thread starter macrumors 68040

LizKat

They can all read polls, and their internal polls (if done correctly) aren't meant to come up with possibly question-slanted numbers for press publication. Each party can usually come up with a name they'd rather not have to run against in the fall as the primary season proceeds.

Part of it is looking at resistance to the other party's candidates by that party's electorates and thinking about what draw their own candidate might have versus any of those guys.

Think about draw to independents. Think about draw to progressive or conservative wings of your own party. In the end you think " Man I hope we don't have to run against Candidate Smith, we're dead!" It's not true of course, but it's a vibe and it's usually closer to correct than not.

This kind of stuff is one argument against so-called open primaries, where in theory indie voters can game the other party's nomination process by signing up to vote in the party of the candidate they figure could least likely win against the candidate of their own true inclination. Sure it can backfire, especially if the candidate they'd like to win doesn't even win his own primary. I mean then you've potentially stepped on your own vote for the general election. What I'd like to know is if it ever actually works. Can't figure out how one would measure it.

12. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    They're both fairly likable, and a relatively moderate bunch.

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm sure he will be. He's got about the same amount of experience as Obama, and Obama was able to be molded to what the Democratic establishment wanted even though he wasn't their first choice of candidate.

14. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

She can't even run her own state right, Democrats are more likely going to laugh and giggle over a propped up name, probably based due to just the gender involved in today's overly PC environment, which is ironic...
    Continuing Bush tax cuts, using Romney's Massachusetts health insurance plan as Obamacare (that Romney admitted 5 years later), keeping Bush picks of Robert Gates and Geithner (and asking him to stay another term), Hagel, et al, and people think Obama is a zillion miles to the left of Reagan, and after 7 years?!! Obama is a centrist or, what was said 20 years ago, "the best president Republicans ever had".

15. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

That is a ticket keeping Hillary awake nights. That, and worrying when she should tell Chelsea that her real dad is Webb Hubbell.

16. LizKat thread starter macrumors 68040

LizKat

Um... Nikki Haley's approval ratings are like up in the 80% range...
    Even if he was (?!) it's more likely she has the AFL-CIO on her mind today. They are not going to endorse before the convention, apparently. Good move (they probably aim to spare themselves embarrassment of the distinct possibility that the rank and file will go for Trump no matter who runs for the Dems).

17. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

hey guys...we have to dispel with this notion that nikki haley doesn't know what she is doing! she knows exactly what she is doing!

18. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

A Hailey / Rubio ticket would make the dems look awful old and very white.

19. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Hillary will certainly select a fresh young face for her running mate, although she will be the anchor on any ticket. Barring a new scandal, Rubio/Hailey may be unbeatable.

20. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Rubio is going to have to actually win somewhere to make that ticket possible and so far he's not been living up to the hype. This race is kinda weird Cruz should be thumping Tump in SC he's tailor made for that state but the reverse is happening. If Hailey can do a good job in SC and remain in the press se has a shot herself in 2020/2024.

21. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If he doesn't start winning states his best bet will be being the compromise candidate at a brokered convention, and that will make him far from unbeatable as a large portion of the Republican base won't have wanted him. Moderate independent voters are no longer what decide elections, it is all about who can get more of their base to actually show up to the polls.

22. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

In the usual political sense, Rubio is very conservative, although, Marco is a relatively moderate personality, more colorful than Jeb, but, not in the same extreme ballpark as Donald and Ted. I think Marco and Nikki could be a winning combination. Unfortunately.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Nikki brings the baggage of taking down the Confederate flag. Sadly, she's hated by many over it.

24. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    That's the thing with Rubio and Hailey. While I don't think they'll take the country in the direction it needs to go, they don't make me fret for the future, either. Rubio's pretty far right, but he doesn't tend towards the extremes like Cruz and Trump do, and Hailey has shown that she can consider all issues, even while leaning right politically.

They'd be a hard ticket for Sanders or Hillary to beat.

25. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I don't think Rubio gets the nomination. He's got baggage and his not showing up to do his jobs is bad, both as a Senator and a Rep. in Florida. The guy is trying to take the national security mantel and he's missed 60% of the hearings in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. Overall, he's missed 68% of his committee hearings.