Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
The police chief declined to say how they died, but the scene was so gruesome some of the first officers into the house were placed on administrative leave and were being counseled Friday night.

This is pretty serious to have gone that route?

story here

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
That is very sad eyelikeart, I heard it on the radio news this morning. May the victims rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of the victims. It never ceases to amaze how cruel one human can be to another.

brandon_deal

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2003
wow

I never heard anything about it.. but sounds like it was horrible, post if u hear how they died...

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
FRESNO, Calif. — Police were trying today to determine if some ritual was involved in the slaughter of seven children, a teen girl and a young woman, whose bodies were found intertwined in a pile of clothes in a Fresno home where 10 coffins were stacked along a wall.

Police made the gruesome discovery after being called to a child custody dispute Friday. A 57-year-old man surrendered after walking out of the house covered in what appeared to be blood.

The victims were seven children ranging in age from one to eight, a 17-year-old girl and a 20-year-old woman. All were thought to be the children of Marcus Wesson, who was handcuffed by police following a brief standoff.

Authorities said today that Wesson had been arrested on suspicion of killing the victims, but wouldn't comment until a later news conference on what charges prosecutors might file.

The grim scene caused even veteran officers to weep. :(

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1079177144127&call_pageid=968332188854&col=968350060724

Free From PC

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2003
Hendersonville, TN
This is so distrubing. I saw it on CNN this morning and have sort of been following it.

I work for a news station so I will post more info and cause of death if it becomes available to us.

Free

Free From PC

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2003
Hendersonville, TN
Here's a little more info

MICHAEL VARIN, A FRIEND OF 21-YEAR-OLD MARCUS WESSON, JR. -- WHO WAS NOT AT THE HOUSE FRIDAY -- TOLD CNN THAT HIS FRIEND'S FATHER WAS "A REALLY STRANGE INDIVIDUAL" WHO PRACTICED HIS OWN BRAND OF RELIGION.

"HE PRETTY MUCH CONTROLLED THE WHOLE FAMILY, KEPT THEM ALL ISOLATED," VARIN SAID. "THIS DOESN'T REALLY SURPRISE ME. THAT'S THE WORST OF IT."

AUTHORITIES ALSO FOUND 10 EMPTY WOODEN CASKETS IN THE FRONT PART OF THE HOME, STACKED ON TOP OF EACH OTHER, DYER SAID. WESSON REPORTEDLY TOLD NEIGHBORS HE HAD BOUGHT THE COFFINS FROM ANTIQUE STORES FOR THE WOOD. VARIN, THE YOUNGER MARCUS WESSON'S FRIEND, TOLD CNN THAT WESSON "HAD THOSE FOR QUITE SOME TIME."

Free From PC

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2003
Hendersonville, TN
More Info

A man suspected of murdering nine of his family members apparently was involved in polygamy and incest, fathering two of the victims with his own daughters, police said Saturday.Wesson, 57, has fathered children with at least four women, two of whom are his own daughters, said Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer.

"We are exploring the possibility that there were other women
he was involved with, either sexually or in some sort of polygamist
relationship," Dyer said.

Dyer said police believe they know the cause of death, but would
not release that information. "I can tell you that there were no mutilations," Dyer said. "The bodies were intact."

Six coroners, triple the typical weekend staff, were working
Saturday to identify the victims and determine how they were
killed, Deputy Fresno County Coroner Sarah Davis said.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Someone has certainly dropped the ball, by not seeing that this family had problems. Neighbors or friends must have noticed something prior to this very sad situation. People need to not be a afraid to get involved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.